How Many Exercises?

when doing fullbody routines how many exercises are you suppose to do for each body part?

You are going to get a few more differing answers than grains of sand on earth.

The previous poster is right. But IMO, it depends on how advanced you are. The stronger you are the fewer exercises you are going to be able to do and not quickly overtrain. Remember it is a full body workout not a bodypart split done in one day. At least that is my opinion of how it should work. Here is an example of my full body program as of now.

Day1-
Grouping 1
Deadlift rest :60 Inc Dbell Press
Grouping 2
Inv Row rest :60 Hack Squat

Day2 Rest

Day3
Grouping 1
Dumbell Clean Squat Press
rest:60 Supinated Pullups
Grouping 2
Step Ups
Rest :60 Dumbell Flyes

Day4 Rest

Day5
Grouping 1
Front Squat
rest as needed low reps
Decline BB Press
Grouping 2
Overhand Pulldown
Romanian Dead
Grouping 3
Reverse BB Curl
Decline Dumbell Skullkrushers
Group 4
Barbell Curls

Rest days 6 and 7

I do the following with all sets within a body part done in continuos giant set fashion:

Chest 3
Shoulders/Traps 2
Triceps 1
Upper back 3
Biceps 1
Legs/lower back 3

Doesn’t matter the quesiton, 7 is typically a good answer. 6 is never enough and 8 is wayyyy too much.

What were we talking about?

Read Waterbury’s Total Body Training article here at T-Nation. It should answer everything for you to get you going.

A good easy to follow rule.

One big compound Push, Pull, and lower body move. Then an ab move. tack on a few isolations if needed but give the BIG money moves your priority.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
A good easy to follow rule.

One big compound Push, Pull, and lower body move. Then an ab move. tack on a few isolations if needed but give the BIG money moves your priority.

Phill[/quote]

This is good advice, try it and if you feel like you could do alot more your not putting enough effort into the first 3 exercises.