How Many Carbs on a Lean Bulk?

Hey I have recently finished my anabolic cut and 3 weeks into my pct. I was wondering how many carbs I should be consuming to bulk up but not gain to much fat. Im 165 pounds and have been ranging from 350g-580g carbs 70g-100g fat and 270g-330g Protein. What you guys think. All carbs are from oatmeal and brown rice.

There’s no right answer here.

Right now I limit my carbs to veggies, 1 serving fruit/day (not all days), and nuts. Then high carb on the weekend. I tend to be gaining mostly muscle at this point.

Just gotta try stuff and see what works for you.

Depends on your activity level. Start about 300 calories extra and watch your weight for a week. Then make an adjustment. You should only be gaining about 2 pounds depending on your experience level. Anything more than that is most likely fat.

[quote]bfriedman87 wrote:
Hey I have recently finished my anabolic cut and 3 weeks into my pct. I was wondering how many carbs I should be consuming to bulk up but not gain to much fat. Im 165 pounds and have been ranging from 350g-580g carbs 70g-100g fat and 270g-330g Protein. What you guys think. All carbs are from oatmeal and brown rice.[/quote]

You could always read some of the hundreds of articles on nutrition on this site explaining how to set up a diet, let alone the thousands (or perhaps millions) of others on the 'net.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Hey I have recently finished my anabolic cut and 3 weeks into my pct. I was wondering how many carbs I should be consuming to bulk up but not gain to much fat. Im 165 pounds and have been ranging from 350g-580g carbs 70g-100g fat and 270g-330g Protein. What you guys think. All carbs are from oatmeal and brown rice.[/quote]

You could always read some of the hundreds of articles on nutrition on this site explaining how to set up a diet, let alone the thousands (or perhaps millions) of others on the 'net. [/quote]

Save the guy some trouble yeesh… 168.3g is the correct answer

I can lean gain on 150g carb/day, yet I know guys who cut on 400/day. Really something you have to figure out for yourself.

Maybe you should figure this out with a macro change and macro management?

Figure out your protein to fat to carb ratio to go with and increase your overall calories according to your last blood panel. If your lipid profile is already good, then try a 150 cal split increase between proteins and carbs (150g more protein and 150g more carbs for example). If you feel lethargic, then shift it for more carbs and less protein (200g carbs 100g protein). Try things out, but be sure to keep track of what you are doing, your energy, performance and gains so you can get the experience of what works for you.

Try to have a logical, clean, and measured approach. It shouldn’t require total micro management, once you figure it out it should sort of fall into place, your body will tell you what’s up. The other thing that complicates this is timing of your nutrients, remember to set yourself up to succeed in the weight room (be carbed up, focused and rested).

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

You could always read some of the hundreds of articles on nutrition on this site explaining how to set up a diet, let alone the thousands (or perhaps millions) of others on the 'net. [/quote]

There is a lot of conflicting information, even between authors on this site and this is a forum, you know that place you go to discuss topics and ask questions.

To the OP. As it has been stated you will have to experiment on yourself and see. I tend to make good gains using higher carbs with little fat gain.

[quote]athsports wrote:
Depends on your activity level. Start about 300 calories extra and watch your weight for a week. Then make an adjustment. You should only be gaining about 2 pounds depending on your experience level. Anything more than that is most likely fat.[/quote]

Sorry I couldn’t let this exist.

Let me get this straight…assuming you mean 300 calories above AMR per day (active metabolic rate)…after a week he’ll gain two pounds of muscle!!!

If only it were that easy we’d all look like Arnold in 3 months