How many Canucks?

Duff, I lift at Stations( I 'm guessing that’s the gym you were refering to).It’s in the Bayers Lake Industrial Park. Awesome staff, great facility. My girlfriend has just started teaching for Dalhousie, so we’re looking into the costs there. Magnus, if you do happen to come to Nova Scotia, you’d be more than welcome to stop in to my place here in Halifax, and we could go for a quick workout at Stations, if you intended to lift on your vacation.

Born but not raised in Labardor City. Brrrrr…

Alex: I’ll let you know when I’m headed out that way and take you up on that workout.
Pat: I was actually born at the hospital in Lab city. Thank god my parents decided to move to Ottawa when I was three. I don’t remember much of Labrador and don’t think I was to severely traumatized.

This is weird, whole lotta banging going on in Labrador. I was born in Happy Valley Goose Bay. Moved to Nova Scotia when I was 1 1/2.

Wow lots of Canadians, but it looks like I’m the first who was born in, and lives in Toronto.

Love the site T-mag.

Hey andrewa, I don’t go to the one on Albert…girlfriend’s sister and her man go there…I go to the one on Pinecrest once in a while. That one is mostly for beginners and the corporate type as there are very few free weights. The new one on Hunt Club is supposed to kick-ass. I’ll go check it out soon.
Hopefully you’ll be down for a get-together with the other Ottawa T-Men this summer.

Hey Alex I’ll let you know when I’ll be in ‘the city’ so i can take you up on that workout.

Greetings everyone, Porkchop is dialed in. I live in Calgary, but I originally hail from Toronto and spent 20 years in Dartmouth. Ok, I would love to know where all the t-men are here in Calgary. I mention t-mag to people in my gym and they shrug their shoulders. I said to this one guy, “you ever follow Testosterone, you know the mag on the web?” and he said “well, I know a bit about it, like it builds muscle and makes you horny.” I thought “dude, you’re about half right.”

badmojo, are you and I the only ones?

Porkchop, I am in lethbridge but if you guys are organizing anything on weekends ever let me know because I can easily bus or get a ride to Calgary. I know I am the only one in lethbridge because whenever I mention it, first response is “what’s the intrenet, is that some sorta new tractor”
second response after I explain it is “Oh no actually I like curling in th squat rack and eating soy”
So any T-enhancing experiences I can have I am up for. Let me know
:slight_smile: Groove

grooveless, I haven’t forgotten about you down there in Lethbridge. I hope it’s a little warmer there than here. Been a little frost on the plums these past few days, if you know what I mean. We need to get something together in this part of the country. T-mag needs a little more representation out here. I’ve been trying my best to get the word out but I get blank expressions when I bring it up. Most people I see training are more interested in maintaining the staus quo and using physical fitness as a short diversion from the rest of their lives, so you can’t get them to try anything new. I’d love to work out with you. Perhaps we can try to get a meeting together. Do we have enough members out here is the question. What do you think?

I know what ya mean about the blank stares. On one occasion I was chatting with a guy who was on the olympic weight lifting team at school, who I wrongly asumed might be into training, and I mentioned T-mag and what a great resource it was. Blank stare… I told him he should chck it out and he said he would. The next day I came down to the gym and the olympic weight lifting team was training there, and I see this guy in the squat rack doing a three rep max with 190 pounds. I loaded up the bar in the squat rack beside him and started doing 250 for 12 reps. Not really an impressive # but considering I had only been training the squat for 3 months and he had been training with the olympic weightlifting team for 2 years. He hasn;t talked to me since. lol. People are so concerned about their fragile egos and don;t want to learn anything from anyone.
I would really like to get a workout in with a you and a few other t-men. I know big cheif is from Calgary but I am not sure of how many others are. I have a friend who goes up to Calgary sometimes on weekends and I am sure I could get a ride with her. How about we try to find out how many people we can get together or if it is just the 2 of us that would be cool with me as well, and I will let you know the next time she will be going up and maybe we can work something out for then. Sound good. Let me know.

:slight_smile: groove

This it the third time I have posted this request: Would you please use a different screen name? I have been using the screen name, “Porkchop,” for months. I registered with T-Nation as “Porkchop.” Why do you insist on continuing to to use the name? This is just causing confusion for everyone who reads the forum.

The original Porkchop: “I was here first – since 1951.”

I am currently residing in Hamilton Ontario while I am at school. I don’t post much but I have been coming to this site daily for over 2 yrs. Nice to see so many Canadians here.

We Canadians are gonna take over T-NATION !!!

Look Porkchop, don’t you think if I had of seen your message I would have done something about it? I had no idea there was someone else with the same name. I didn’t realize the system would allow two people with the same name. Now, you seem to be really aggravated about this and afterall this is your “third time posting about this.” So, I tell you what, ask me nicely this time and without the girlish hissy fit and I’ll consider changing it.

Gentlemen, in light of the recent controversy surrounding the handle “porkchop” and who owns the right to this handle, I hereby announce that I am changing my name from “Big Dick Ernie” to PorkChop. I strongly urge all other Canadian t-maggers to do the same: as a united nation of northern porkchops, they cannot ignore our collective squeals for a seminar forever!

I was oblivious to the fact that there was another porkchop, but I do see your point about people confusing us. So, does porkchop123 work? How about BigPorkchop? Any other ideas?

Hey bro what a small world, i train at stations too. We will have to figure out who each other is. I have worn my test shirt there a lot, and am always training with my younger cousin…who to most prolly looks like my younger brother.

grooveless, that’s be a great idea, you and me moving some weight some time. I work out a Golds here in Calgary, which in retrospect, was the worst place to sign up. I’ve regretted it since day 2 when I was told to “use the smith machine for squats because it allows for the best form.” In 6 months when that bastard membership runs out, I’ll be going to a real gym. We’ll get some passes and go someplace good and do some deads and squats and make sure we grunt real loud! Next time you’re on your way up here, just let me know and count me in.

Cool, although the only lifting I’ve done in the past 3 months was done at my old gym on the south shore. I was lobster fishin’ all of december and and half of january. I’ll be returning in the next few days. We’ll cross for sure. You wouldn’t be the guy who used to work at Life and Sport??? I’ve talk with him(or you) a few times at Stations,and he was just starting to lift with his cousin.