How Many Cans of Tuna a Day?

(I did a search) I have heard that you shouldn’t eat more then 1 can of tuna a day as it is high in mercury, would it be ok if I had 5-7 (the cans of tuna are 12oz) a week? Also can someone cite me some health websitethat says this, if it is this way?

Thanks
Nik

I’m also wondering about this. I love my canned tuna/salmon/mackerel but all that mercury shit is stopping me from gorging on canned shit.

I’ve been eating 3 cans a day of the WalMart shit (so you know it ain’t quality) for quite a while now and haven’t noticed any hair falling out or appendages being grown.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
I’m also wondering about this. I love my canned tuna/salmon/mackerel but all that mercury shit is stopping me from gorging on canned shit.[/quote]

http://www.tddir.com/fitness-and-nutrition/article-0074.html

Here are a few articles that I found, I’ll keep looking.

Well, first of all, eating tuna is generally questionable. It’s very bad ecologically since tuna are dying out.

When I was a teenager, I had 6 cans A DAY. Cheap protein.

However, a well known consumer protection organizatino here in Switzerland analyzed approximately a dozen diffrent canned tuna brands. They found that 75% of the tested brands did contain far too much mercury.
E.g., only half a can of Albacore-Tuna A WEEK contains 160% of the mercury the FDA states to be harmless.

I wouldn’t eat tuna. If you do, do it either once a week or make sure you get a certified lab analysis of the tuna of your choice to find out how much ercury it contains.

Bump for justice.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
(I did a search) I have heard that you shouldn’t eat more then 1 can of tuna a day as it is high in mercury, would it be ok if I had 5-7 (the cans of tuna are 12oz) a week? Also can someone cite me some health websitethat says this, if it is this way?

Thanks
Nik[/quote]

Eating this much of anything over time could lead to an intolerance or even a full blown allergic reaction to the food. This doesn’t mean it 100% will happen to you, but there is a chance. Get some variety.

I think someone wrote an article with a question about this in there, and said for the purposes of bodybuilding it’s not really something we need to worry about.

That statement can be taken to extremes but I think it’s from one of the “Question of Nutrition” series.

[quote]anonym wrote:
I’ve been eating 3 cans a day of the WalMart shit (so you know it ain’t quality) for quite a while now and haven’t noticed any hair falling out or appendages being grown.[/quote]

Wait till you get in your fifties.