How Many Calories Per Meal?

I'm just wondering, is there any sort of general recommendation for how many calories should be taken in at each meal??  Or what constitutes as "too large" a meal?  I'm just curious to know, because I would eat a huge breakfast (usually a bit over 600 cals) whereas I've asked around and many people only seem to eat about 400-ish, even if their trying, like me, to gain

Well just take your total calories and divide them by your number of meals a day, but you can have a bigger breakfast and then a smaller meal after as long as you fill yourself up.

I’m trying to gain weight and I usually get 400-600 calories at breakfast depending on if I’m hungry or not.

Usually I will try to eat 6 600 calorie meals, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on how hungry I am.

[quote]michaelangelos wrote:
I’m trying to gain weight and I usually get 400-600 calories at breakfast depending on if I’m hungry or not.

Usually I will try to eat 6 600 calorie meals, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on how hungry I am.[/quote]

Load up at breakfast and post training the others more even keel

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

Usually I will try to eat 6 600 calorie meals, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on how hungry I am.

Phill[/quote]

As usual I agree with Phil.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Phill wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

Phill

As usual I agree with Phil. [/quote]

What exactly does that mean?

[quote]michaelangelos wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Phill wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

Phill

As usual I agree with Phil.

What exactly does that mean?[/quote]

Breakfast and Post workout meals should be the largest, the other meals should be moderate in terms of calories.

Oh. That makes sense. Thanks

I agree with Phill, of course…

600 calories is not a huge breakfest
600x6 is only 3600 calories a day.

Your friends eating 400 calories are they making gains? Also they may think they are only eating 400 calories. It is hard to tell without keeping a food log and/or measuring and weighing out your food exactly how many calories you are talking in untell you get a hang of it.

Breakfest is FAR bigger than any of my other meals, remember you just woke up from 8+ hours of no food so you have to refeed yourself good.

[quote]Kalle wrote:

Breakfest is FAR bigger than any of my other meals, remember you just woke up from 8+ hours of no food so you have to refeed yourself good.

[/quote]

AS well youll be running on this meal allll Day. This will fuel you get you going off the bat and again have alll day to burn this.

Phill

5’10" @ 130 pounds? Good golly. 400 cals per meal is not enough. Breakfast alone should be 3 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, sausages or steak and four cups of milk. In fact, if you eat this three times a day, it’ll help you get away from that 130 pound mark. EAT, dude!