Actually, when the AD was developed, Mauro had a “total weekly calorie count” in mind (as opposed to a daily calorie count). So if your maintenence cals are at 2500/day, that’d be 17500/week. He did this so that you could eat very low cal during the week with crazy anabolic calorie binges over your carb up and still see progress.
You’ll have to figure out what works best for you, especially on the AD (tons of people love it, but there seems to be a pretty big variance in how people respond to it). You could try 2500 cals everyday for the whole 7 days in the week, or you could eat 1500 cals during the week and then eat 5000 cals on your carb days - either way, you’ll still be getting your 17500 cals/week.
Beyond that, you could even wave calorie intake during the week suited to your workout vs. non-workout days.
All of that said, if you’re going to try the low cal days during the week and huge cal days on your carb up, I would slowly drop cals as you’re still new to this diet being only 3 weeks in.
Good luck, man! This diet’s pretty legit. [/quote]
ReAding more about AD, this is how i understood this issue of mine.
On a cut, it is only important that we are in caloric deficit on low carb days. On carb up days, its normal that we consume much more food simply coz most of the calories will come from carbs (50-60%). however, those carb calories will not go into fat, they will refuel muscles with glycogen and hence why we need more calories on a carb up day, even during cuts. the body still remains in a fat burning mode and The rest of the calories (40%) will be used for daily activities and the metabolic requirements of our bodies.
Might not be true but this is only my understanding of it.
Also when u mention weekly calories, i think mauro was refering to smth else. He just wanted to say that we dont feel like eating same amounts of food eery day and he wanted to make it more simple for us. I think his teaching is that we still need higher calories on carb up days.