How Many Calories Burned?

Hey all,

I searched on google for a reliable chart to show how many calories various exercises burn (e.g. how many calories burned jogging on a treadmill for 30 mins).

I couldn’t find anything good… so do any of you have any good links for that kind of info?

I know the calories burned depend on your weight, etc, but I just want a rough idea.

Thanks!!

[quote]ProjectX wrote:
Hey all,

I searched on google for a reliable chart to show how many calories various exercises burn (e.g. how many calories burned jogging on a treadmill for 30 mins).

I couldn’t find anything good… so do any of you have any good links for that kind of info?

I know the calories burned depend on your weight, etc, but I just want a rough idea.

Thanks!! [/quote]

Any chart you find won’t be SPECIFICALLY reliable. You won’t burn as many calories as I do performing the exact same exercise for the exact same length of time. In fact, you yourself won’t burn as many calories today on the same exercise if you do it a month from now after doing it everyday…because your body is adaptive. Spend enough time on a treadmill day after day and your body will use LESS calories performing the same task as it adapts to the exercise.

Body mass and metabolism are also factors as someone carrying 80lbs more muscle than you will no doubt be burning more calories at the same exercise.

This site:
http://calorielab.com/burned/

(type in the activity but do not click on the choices below…for instance, enter your weight and type ‘treadmill’ and then press enter)

may help you form a basis of understanding and give you something to relate to your activity, however, don’t view these as specific numbers for the reasons mentioned above.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Any chart you find won’t be SPECIFICALLY reliable. You won’t burn as many calories as I do performing the exact same exercise for the exact same length of time. In fact, you yourself won’t burn as many calories today on the same exercise if you do it a month from now after doing it everyday…because your body is adaptive. Spend enough time on a treadmill day after day and your body will use LESS calories performing the same task as it adapts to the exercise.

Body mass and metabolism are also factors as someone carrying 80lbs more muscle than you will no doubt be burning more calories at the same exercise.

This site:
http://calorielab.com/burned/

(type in the activity but do not click on the choices below…for instance, enter your weight and type ‘treadmill’ and then press enter)

may help you form a basis of understanding and give you something to relate to your activity, however, don’t view these as specific numbers for the reasons mentioned above.[/quote]

thanks buddy! i really appreciate it!