How Long to Wait Before Next Cycle?

How long do you guys wait before you start your next cycle. I usually wait about 4 weeks. But I dnt know if im to waiting to long or not enough. Those 4 weeks I am taking my PCT, and also I usually take some tribulus during these 4 weeks.

From my understanding, you have been doing
X weeks of cycle + 4 PCT
And you count that 4 weeks of PCT being " time off" . Then you would do another cycle.

It’s very aggressive. I think that is way too short. I ususally wait 2-3 month after my PCT to start another cycle.

time on = time off is the general rule of thumb

tribulus during pct or after pct?

Hes going straight from pct to another cycle.

This is not at all recommended.

My cycles usually only go for 6 weeks, bc that is what I have found to do better for me. Plus, my body doesn’t crash when I do shorter cycles.

I have always read about the time off=time on. But, I also always thought that the PCT counted as time off. I screwed up on that though. So, I will start doing my PCT, then taking another month off or more.

We all know the general rule of thumb. But I don’t think we all wait that long…

1 Like

PCT is supposed to count as time on as your body is still fluctuating hormone production wise.

time on should equal time off.

So a 6 week cycle with 4 week PCT should equal 10 weeks off.

That is ideal, if you want to do 6 weeks on 6 weeks off, thats your choice.

You can probably get away with it, just know that it is not recommended.

I only took about 6 weeks off between my first cycle and the one I just finished. So, not long enough.

I’ve decided to stay off for a decent duration this time so I don’t always look to steroids as a crutch. I need to remember how to make gains naturally again.(Not that I forgot, it’s just no where near as easy).

I’ll probably take 2-3 months off, save up some extra cash and purchase some nice stuff when I want to have another go.

doesn’t tribulous hinder your pct just like hcg???

1 Like

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
doesn’t tribulous hinder your pct just like hcg???[/quote]

not from what I’ve read. It’s said that it acts like a weaker clomid, but I don’t know if there is any truth to that.

I use it in my PCT, I think it helps.

There are lots of topics on it across other boards. I cross-referenced several different boards and many of the experienced members were saying that tribulus PCT is helpful, that it is not like HCG.

But I don’t have the facts so I could be mistaken.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
doesn’t tribulous hinder your pct just like hcg???

not from what I’ve read. It’s said that it acts like a weaker clomid, but I don’t know if there is any truth to that.

I use it in my PCT, I think it helps.

There are lots of topics on it across other boards. I cross-referenced several different boards and many of the experienced members were saying that tribulus PCT is helpful, that it is not like HCG.

But I don’t have the facts so I could be mistaken.[/quote]

LOL here we go again Way… ; )

Time on = Time off is BS. If you’ve been running for 6-8 months are you saying you should take 6 months off? That’s crazy.

Get your blood work done, if everything is good, then take a month or so off, and hop right back on.

[quote]BBUILDER wrote:
Time on = Time off is BS. If you’ve been running for 6-8 months are you saying you should take 6 months off? That’s crazy.

Get your blood work done, if everything is good, then take a month or so off, and hop right back on.[/quote]

Time off= Time on is NOT crazy. It is a moderately aggressive approach to cycling.

Ideally one can safely go back on cycle when hormone levels are restored to normal. In order to know that blood tests need to be done. The problem is that the average guy doesn’t get blood work done. So the reccomendation of time on = time off is usually fairly safe advice.

Why would anyone be on for 6-8 months at a time?? Why not just stay on forever then?

Why would anyone be on for 6-8 months at a time?? Why not just stay on forever then?

Because of the reasons I stated. The body does need time to repair. There is no need to stay on year round, and no need for time on = time off. You’ll never hear a professional take that approach.

[quote]BBUILDER wrote:

Because of the reasons I stated. The body does need time to repair. There is no need to stay on year round, and no need for time on = time off. You’ll never hear a professional take that approach.[/quote]

Wait so by saying that the body needs time to repair I assume you value the health of the user. How then, can you justify a 6-8 month cycle? There are much safer ways to cycle that will undoubtedly produce equal, if not, better gains.

I don’t know about your experience with Pro BB’s but speaking publicly about their cycle use is not a top priority, so excuse us commoners if we aren’t familiar with “pro cycles”.

I don’t expect you to name names of pros you have spoken with about their steroid use, but I will take your word for it if you say you have.

I specifically said that time on = time off is good advice for the average guy. Don’t disregard the main part of the point I was trying to make in order to justify your opinion. Not many people here have plans to ‘cycle’ like a 270lb professional would; if that matters to you.

I’ve run a 6-8 month cycle, had blood work done after TWO MONTHS and had perfect blood work.

Yes, trust me when I say I know pro’s cycles.

Its not all about hormone levels.

The Time off estimate was given to allow adequate recovery.

You cant keep running your body at a much higher level then its designed to run at and not expect to have problems down the line somewhere.

Sure your muscles can take it, but what about the kidneys, heart, liver, CNS, etc.

Steroids are simply signaling devices for the body, they signal it to do certain things.

Your still limited by what your body can do, no matter how much you tell it to.

[quote]BBUILDER wrote:
I’ve run a 6-8 month cycle, had blood work done after TWO MONTHS and had perfect blood work.

Yes, trust me when I say I know pro’s cycles.[/quote]

Good for you.

I have never claimed that time on = time off is good advice for someone aspiring to be a professional bodybuilder.

Using your individual experience to justify making a blanket statement that applies to the general population are, in this case, irresponsible.

I am not trying to call you out on your knowledge or experience I am just trying to be clear about the target audience of this information.

Using your individual experience to justify making a blanket statement that applies to the general population are, in this case, irresponsible.

I didn’t see where the question was asked towards beginners or intermediate level lifters??

Did I miss something?