T Nation

How Long to Stay on HOT-ROX?

How long should someone stay on HOT-ROX?

It depends on the purpose and situation.

There’s no harm to staying on it indefinitely, but effectiveness in fat-loss phases seems greater when there has been some “off” time preceding.

So if someone is on say a slow-and-steady 1 lb per week fat loss program that is intended to continue for a long period of time such as 6 months or a year, there’s no problem with using HOT-ROX continuously.

But in the more common situation of sometimes or often having weeks (or even just days) of no intended fat loss, why not take a break, both to save money and to probably enable it to work even better when actually going for fat loss.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
It depends on the purpose and situation.

There’s no harm to staying on it indefinitely, but effectiveness in fat-loss phases seems greater when there has been some “off” time preceding.

So if someone is on say a slow-and-steady 1 lb per week fat loss program that is intended to continue for a long period of time such as 6 months or a year, there’s no problem with using HOT-ROX continuously.

But in the more common situation of sometimes or often having weeks (or even just days) of no intended fat loss, why not take a break, both to save money and to probably enable it to work even better when actually going for fat loss.

[/quote]

Good to know! I was thinking about cycling it, but now I’m thinking it might be best to keep on it until whatever time in the distant future I actually get down to a maintenance bodyfat level.

That’s another point, that I forgot to include but that you have pointed out, that if fat loss is already quite satisfactory and not being problematically hard to achieve, then why not leave it at that till it starts getting harder. That’s another perfectly good reason not to use it at a given time.