How Long to Stay at Weight After Bulk?

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I’m not in any way against getting soft when bulking. I am against getting obese, which in my opinion is over 20% for someone not holding a whole lot of muscle and even for a bigger guy with a whole lot of muscle going more than a couple % over that is in my opinion when you start to border extreme.

with that being said I don’t know why you brought up this thread?

[/quote]

Because it’s a cool thread.

Look, sometimes people add fat when gaining. Sometimes too much. But, here’s the thing-- It ain’t the end of the world. The gravitas some posters add in their posts make it seem that it’s the end of the fucking world if someone adds “too much fat” (whatever that means).

“Too fat” is a point in time. A snapshot. Maybe it’s a means to an end. Maybe someone is willing to hold more fat because they enjoy it. People on this site look at someones “smooth” avatar or prog pic and deride them like that’s how they’re going to look forever. It’s ridiculous.

Here’s what I tell my single digit aged kids “You worry about you”. They get it.

In 5 years I have completely transformed my body 3 times. Guess what-- the human body is dynamic, always in flux.

Personally speaking, it took me a few years to get me to current weight/strength level I am now. It was slow gaining weight and strength, especially at my age. Then, I managed to stay about this weight and lean out while maintaining stregnth. Set point-- found. Now it’s slow coming down. That’s OK-- I got time.