How Long to Stay at Weight After Bulk?

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
What have you accomplished with bodybuilding that give you credibility.

You built a big, bulked up physique with muscle mass, but a lot of fat as well.

Nobody has seen you dieted down. Until you diet down, you have 0 credibility on your methods and procedures because, who knows if they’ve worked. They have never been put to the test by you.
[/quote]

Please people…although I may differ with X about paticulars…the approach he advocates built the majority of succesful bodybuilding from the early 70’s through the 90’s. That’s a whole lot of ‘knowing if they worked’ credibility.

You are carrying extra body weight because diet is hard.[/quote]

? This would be incorrect. I have no problem with the way I look now. My diet is very regulated. I cook nearly all meals ahead of time and rarely even eat out now. You just assumed something incorrect…why would you do this yet be hell bent on believing it to be true?

Once again, this is incorrect.

I would disagree with this. I do not consider your physique more impressive. I am glad you think that highly of yourself, but you do understand that not everyone agrees with you?

[quote]

My problem lies that, people cannot decipher what information to listen to when they begin training, and a lot of the advice you give sets up failure when it comes to nutrition.[/quote]

??? How?

Be specific and quite exactly what has been written, not your “understanding” of what I wrote.

[quote]

You’re obsessed with body weight.[/quote]

Once again, incorrect. I ahve been as heavy as 285lbs and am not trying to hit that again any time soon.

You assume a lot. Maybe you should focus on what is actually being written.

[quote]

I’m obsessed with growing muscle, being lean, being strong.

I’ve accomplished all 3 to a large degree.[/quote]

Wow…yet the whole board cries out that I should be more humble.

It is amazing how you have have this attitude yet no one sees a problem with it at all.

Mind you, I see nothing wrong with thinking highly of yourself…but the witch hunt bullshit isn’t doing anything but holding other people back.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Why even bring that up here? [/quote]

Because it has to do with lifting and it’s permitted and NOT negative to talk about damn just anything related to lifting, similar to if I were on a track and field website and discussing the achievements of track and field athletes. It doesn’t limit the flow of information because reasonable people wouldn’t stop sharing information even if they weren’t fond of what I say here, whether it’s false or true.

We don’t even need Casey Butts to observe what’s been done in the past 50 years in bodybuilding. He just had the patience to analyze the data as he did in such detail. Same goes for Martin Berkhan, Lyle McDonald, and Alan Aragon, and anyone else who did the same.

And without all this nerdiness, one can just look at all the top naturals we see today.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

What have you accomplished with bodybuilding that give you credibility.

You built a big, bulked up physique with muscle mass, but a lot of fat as well.

Nobody has seen you dieted down. Until you diet down, you have 0 credibility on your methods and procedures because, who knows if they’ve worked. They have never been put to the test by you.
[/quote]

Please people…although I may differ with X about paticulars…the approach he advocates built the majority of succesful bodybuilding from the early 70’s through the 90’s. That’s a whole lot of ‘knowing if they worked’ credibility.
[/quote]

Honestly, the X-witch hunt shit is played out…and I am betting many others are tired of this shit.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Because it has to do with lifting and it’s permitted and NOT negative to talk about damn just anything related to lifting, similar to if I were on a track and field website and discussing the achievements of track and field athletes. It doesn’t limit the flow of information because reasonable people wouldn’t stop sharing information even if they weren’t fond of what I say here, whether it’s false or true.

We don’t even need Casey Butts to observe what’s been done in the past 50 years in bodybuilding. He just had the patience to analyze the data as he did in such detail. Same goes for Martin Berkhan, Lyle McDonald, and Alan Aragon, and anyone else who did the same.

And without all this nerdiness, one can just look at all the top naturals we see today. [/quote]

Once again, not everyone agrees with you…and the attitude you and others show lately as if everyone here should agree with certain posters at all times is played out.

You post the same in most threads. Once again, everyone does not agree with you…and that includes people way more built than you.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

And without all this nerdiness, one can just look at all the top naturals we see today. [/quote]

Once again, not everyone agrees with you…and the attitude you and others show lately as if everyone here should agree with certain posters at all times is played out.

You post the same in most threads. Once again, everyone does not agree with you…and that includes people way more built than you.[/quote]

Yeah, but here’s the thing: I don’t care if anyone agrees with me, and I’ll continue to say what I want so long as it’s civil.

Unlike some, I don’t live in a reality in which I watch my p’s and q’s simply because some guy’s big, nor am I awestruck, nor will I provide special attention this bigness… unless I’m actually viewing a bodybuilding show.

Oh yes, there are people bigger than me who disagree with me. There are also people more built than I who don’t know their assess from their elbows and can’t explain much on training or nutrition to anyone and have succeeded on the goofiest of routines.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yeah, but here’s the thing: I don’t care if anyone agrees with me, and I’ll continue to say what I want so long as it’s civil.

Oh yes, there are people bigger than me who disagree with me. There are also people more built than I who don’t know their assess from their elbows and can’t explain much on training or nutrition to anyone and have succeeded on the goofiest of routines. [/quote]

Good to know…but this discussion isn’t with those people who don’t know shit. It is with people who do know shit and are equal if not having surpassed your own level of knowledge…and as you can see, more than just me disagrees with you in this thread…and look…bluecollartrain and steely d are both BIG dudes bigger than the guys telling them they are wrong.

Go fig.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Oh yes, there are people bigger than me who disagree with me. There are also people more built than I who don’t know their assess from their elbows and can’t explain much on training or nutrition to anyone and have succeeded on the goofiest of routines. [/quote]

Yep.

Just proves that all the highschool meangirl princessism, broscience, and PubMed abstract quoting on these boards amounts to nothing more than almost entertaining reading and wasted bandwidth.

Signed,
Ch33z3burgrz 4evar

Actually what bluecollartrain is VERY reasonable and good and if I recall correctly, is different than what you espouse. I didn’t see what SteelyD said in the thread.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Just proves that all the highschool meangirl princessism, broscience, and PubMed abstract quoting on these boards amounts to nothing more than almost entertaining reading and wasted bandwidth.

Signed,
Ch33z3burgrz 4evar[/quote]

This is actually a good, true post. For quite some time I’ve been exhausted by Pub Med circle jerkers, many of whom like to cruise studies about the most asinine things.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Actually what bluecollartrain is VERY reasonable and good and if I recall correctly, is different than what you espouse. I didn’t see what SteelyD said in the thread. [/quote]

It isn’t different at all. That is why I said QUOTE WHAT IS WRITTEN. Many of you don’t even seem to be trying to understand what I write because you have already ASSUMED all of it.

Bluecollartrain understands this…you are simply facing the same info from a different person and listening for once.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

This is actually a good, true post. For quite some time I’ve been exhausted by Pub Med circle jerkers, many of whom like to cruise studies about the most asinine things. [/quote]

??But look at this thread. I am being argued with by a college student about BIOLOGY, my exact field of study. This discussion would never take place in real life.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

Exactly. It’s gotten old. I am 255lbs at 5’10". Sorry guys if I think that means something. Clearly austin can claim he looks like a super star and has accomplished everything as regards to getting big and lean and no on cries out…yet if a huge dude who no one in real life is calling fat says the same…explosion of the posse.

Short of the NFL, the average weight lifter isn’t looking like me unless they do compete and are in the off season.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

This is also why what StormtheBeach said is true in regarding academic schooling has little to do with lifting and sports nutrition.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Amen!

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

This is also why what StormtheBeach said is true in regarding academic schooling has little to do with lifting and sports nutrition. [/quote]

Que?

Look, if your doctor looks like they never touched a weight, don’t assume they know about bodybuilding or weight lifting…HOWEVER, if your doc walks into the office with 20" arms or bigger and trains daily, my guess is, he may be one of the best fucking people to listen to.

This statement made sense 20 years ago. Many docs lift today. You just have to find them.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

This is also why what StormtheBeach said is true in regarding academic schooling has little to do with lifting and sports nutrition. [/quote]

All I mean by that is everyone is different and you do what you need to do based on your goals and level of comfort with respect to physique.

Lot of big, strong dudes in the gym who have no desire to compete in bodybuilding or be shredded. Personally, I fall into the ‘wanna be big, lift heavy, and don’t give a rat fuck about bitchez’.

I realize this is the “Bodybuilding Forum”, so maybe the standards are different than “Just Wanna Lift Really Heavy Shit and Be Big for the Sake of Being Big Because I Enjoy the Full House Look and the Lifestyle Forum”

My goal is to both be big and do bench meets. I don’t care if I carry some fat. Abs don’t help my bench. If I’m ostracized on Tiara Nation, so be it.

I like being a big dude. My wife likes me being a big dude. I’m 20 lbs from better abs (read 2 months). I like being a presence in the room (especially for future when my girls start bringing boys home). I don’t want to diet down to 170 Xtra-Medium. Nothing wrong with that, just not for me at this time.

You know what’s great about being “Over 35”, married, big, and comfortable with yourself? You don’t give a fuck what bitch princessez think.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

All I mean by that is everyone is different and you do what you need to do based on your goals and level of comfort with respect to physique.

Lot of big, strong dudes in the gym who have no desire to compete in bodybuilding or be shredded. Personally, I fall into the ‘wanna be big, lift heavy, and don’t give a rat fuck about bitchez’.

I realize this is the “Bodybuilding Forum”, so maybe the standards are different than “Just Wanna Lift Really Heavy Shit and Be Big for the Sake of Being Big Because I Enjoy the Full House Look and the Lifestyle Forum”

My goal is to both be big and do bench meets. I don’t care if I carry some fat. Abs don’t help my bench. If I’m ostracized on Tiara Nation, so be it.

I like being a big dude. My wife likes me being a big dude. I’m 20 lbs from better abs (read 2 months). I like being a presence in the room (especially for future when my girls start bringing boys home). I don’t want to diet down to 170 Xtra-Medium. Nothing wrong with that, just not for me at this time.

You know what’s great about being “Over 35”, married, big, and comfortable with yourself? You don’t give a fuck what bitch princessez think.

[/quote]

Yet there seems to be some tidal wave of smaller dudes on this site lately acting like everyone should try to look like a cast member on Jersey Shore.

My goal was to be really muscular and really strong. I don’t see ANYONE else crying about how fat I am but the same people on this web site.

I have a career. getting on a stage for a plastic trophy and no pay isn’t number one on my list of things to accomplish.

I personally think gaining more lean body mass than most people talking shit is enough.

Casey Butt is not the end of discussion on bodybuilding…neither is Stu…neither is zraw…neither is Brick and neither am i.

The fucked up attitude on this board will only make sure that only the voice of a few wil;l ever be heard lately…when the truth is, most of the biggest dudes on the planet trained just like bluecollartrain wrote and what I wrote.

The insults aren’t even needed. I’m not obese…and no one in real life is calling me as such.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yep.

Signed,

[/quote]

Great post.

And you’re right: no one should mind what others say about competitive bodybuilding standards or going for a sleaker look if the “full house” look is what they want.

When people discuss the uppermost amount of LBM people have carried at specific bodyfat percentages, they’re not saying to people they shouldn’t do with their bodies what the please.

If you like eating and putting up big benches, do it! The top benchers of all time were and are VERY large men: Kennelly, Chabot, Mendelson, Arcidi, Tokarski, Clark, et. al.