T Nation

How Long to Start Aromatizing?

was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the body to start aromatizing T>E after a shot of T?

If my E2 was 99 at day 7 before my next shot, does that mean it was higher the days before the test, after the shot 7 days ago? Or, does it take a little while to start aromtizing...making the 99 a higher value than the 6 days prior?

I'm trying to figure out if my E2 of 99 is a trough, or a peak value, relative to the shot 6 days prior to my test.

Thanks for any responses.

Good Grief, that's trough if you're injecting weekly. I can't imagine how high you are at peak!

2 days after my first and only single 200mg injection, I knew what aromatase was for myself.
It was literally the worst feeling in my life.

FT-->E2 happens all of the time. More FT means more FT-->E2.

After injecting TT and FT levels change and E2 rates follow. But serum E2 levels depend on production rates and clearance rates, mostly in the liver.

You are nuts injecting once per week. Please see the stickies.

Both T and E will be low at day 6 or 7.

I don't understand why I don't have the "worst feeling of my life" on my weekly injections, especially since I know my E2 is high....Why don't I feel like crap? Anyone have any opinions on that?

Ksman, I have read the sticky. However, there seems to be a lot of people that don't notice a difference on weekly vs twice weekly.

My doc had the bright idea of 300mg E4W. After my one and only 300mg shot, I felt "weird" for about a day--I probably peaked at 2000 TT judging by a 699 level at day 14--and then terrible for about a week. I bloated up by about 7 pounds (with a closely monitored diet, so it was definitely fluid retention) and experienced tissue sensitivity all over. My wife mocked me for "being on my period."

So, in my experience, the E2 followed the T with about one day of lag. I'm sure it varies from individual to individual, though. My E2 was only 29 at my 14-day point, however, so it did seem to calm down a bit.

appreciate the response Nyrin. Did you feel fine until the last week of the month that you had the one 300mg shot? Or, was it the first week starting the day after the shot?

I bet you were higher than 2000 TT with that shot! I went up to about 1600-1700 with a 200mg shot...the first and only 200mg shot. I used the half life to judge where to dose it at and it worked. I am just stressing about the high E2 because I am being transferred to a endo doc, and I can't see him until Nov. 12th! So my E2 is going to be high until then, and even then, that doc may not prescribe me what I need. It's really frustrating, having someone have so much power over your well being!

I had my first ever 200mg T shot last week, and got partial new lab results today. My E2 started at 22 and was at 50 just 4 days later. Don't have the TT lab result yet.

I felt a little strange--maybe placebo--from about 6-36 hours after the shot; from 36 hours on to a week or so, I felt miserable, and then after that I felt OK from the 1-3 week range (likely when my levels fell back in to normal ranges). It's definitely quite clear that there's no way to use huge doses and stay in the normal ranges that we're looking for.

I definitely sympathize. I'm just now starting to see an endo who seems to know what he's doing, and he's having me do another round of tests--in the meantime, I'm just sitting my hands. Between the mood and concentration effects of the low T and the distraction from worrying about the tests and treatment, I'm practically useless!

I definitely sympathize. I'm just now starting to see an endo who seems to know what he's doing, and he's having me do another round of tests--in the meantime, I'm just sitting my hands. Between the mood and concentration effects of the low T and the distraction from worrying about the tests and treatment, I'm practically useless!
[/quote]

That is so ridiculous to have you come off of the T and do more labs...of course you're going to be low...you've been supplementing your T. I don't understand these docs that do that...I pray to God that the endo doc i'm supposed to see doesn't do that. I hope everything works out for ya.