T Nation

How Long to Reach My Goals?

I am 5’8" 157 lbs @ 25% bodyfat

I wanna be 150 lbs @ 10% bodyfat

Try it and tell us.
you need to end up with 17.5lb more muscle and 24.25lb less fat.
Therefore you will need to add much more than 17.5lb muscle THEN lose the fat you have now Plus the fat you will have gained while adding the muscle.

My advice: forget this arbitrary goal, train and adjust as you go.

Can’t say exactly but it’ll take a while. Putting on the muscle is probably 6 months to a year if you eat right and are consistent on a good program. (I’m assuming you’re male and haven’t worked out much in the past). Then it’s a couple months more to lose the fat.

Exactly 84 days

Well, you have to roughly lose 27lbs of fat, and gain 20 lbs of lean muscle.

I’ll guess 2 years, or about 4 months with injectable help.

Totally depends on you. Could be a year or two, could be the rest of your life.

How fast can you get 3.45 inches taller ?

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Try it and tell us.
you need to end up with 17.5lb more muscle and 24.25lb less fat.
Therefore you will need to add much more than 17.5lb muscle THEN lose the fat you have now Plus the fat you will have gained while adding the muscle.

My advice: forget this arbitrary goal, train and adjust as you go.[/quote]

Wow, that’s a lot. Didn’t think it would be that much just looking at those numbers.

Its not going to happen quickly no matter how you look at it.

I am really apprehensive about the whole buling and cutting thin

I wish it could just be easy and I could just train:(

What? Just train. How hard can it be!

are you a male?
You must be skinny fat as fuck.
Eat right. Train hard. Sleep well. Repeat.
A little stretching never hurt anyone either.
Good luck…

_Mel

At least while you’re a beginner, you can probably make decent progress doing something like this:

• use a program that’s built around heavy compound movements (there are many); isolation work is fine, but that shouldn’t be the foundation
  • continuously work on lifting heavier and heavier weight. Start light, and keep adding regular amounts; a good starting point is 10lbs a session for squats/deadlifts, 5lbs for everything else. It will start to get really hard – learn to force yourself to do it anyway. When you start genuinely stalling, ask for some advice (or, use a program that already tells you what to do)
  • do regular conditioning work
  • eat at least 150g of protein, every.single.day
  • adjust your calories so that you maintain your current bodyweight… but make sure you keep getting stronger; if you don’t eat enough, you won’t get stronger
  • keep doing it this for as long as it takes

There are many more details, but those are some basics.

Just get stronger, do your conditioning, and try to keep at the same weight. You SHOULD be able to do that at this phase of your training career.

At some point, you’ll probably have to go down the bulking/cutting route, but first things first.