T Nation

How Long to Exhaust a Single Compound?

I’m reading Anabolics 10th edition and there is an interesting read here. It says that starting off with a single compound is a good starter for anyone new. However, it says that once you start stacking, you start to build a tolerance to the stuff.

So now my question is, how long can (not cycle wise, just the compound) you exhaust a certain compound before going on to other types of compound or compounds (stacking)? It says that once you go over a certain amount (say a lot), your gains start to become minimal and the sides start to show. At moderate doses is what it seems to does best for growth. But how many cycles can you do that for till the tolerance is built?

Just curious. I’m still reading the book and it’s been an interesting read so far.

Not positive but I have a buddy who competes and he swears by switching compounds every 6 mnths (he doesnt come off but for a month after his shows) so he will run with test e for 6 months (and what ever he is stackng at the moment say deca and 8 weeks dbol) then after his show take a month off to give those receptors a break then move to test cyp for the next 6 months with another stack compound different from the last one then he will switch to test prop then masteron. he swears by it but it is all testosterone as the final product so who knows. he just always is switching up and it has worked for him

[quote]BigRonDon wrote:
Not positive but I have a buddy who competes and he swears by switching compounds every 6 mnths (he doesnt come off but for a month after his shows) so he will run with test e for 6 months (and what ever he is stackng at the moment say deca and 8 weeks dbol) then after his show take a month off to give those receptors a break then move to test cyp for the next 6 months with another stack compound different from the last one then he will switch to test prop then masteron. he swears by it but it is all testosterone as the final product so who knows. he just always is switching up and it has worked for him[/quote]

Damn.

So why doesn’t he take the equal amount of time off or is he just basically cruising but changing compounds over a period of time?

ya he doesnt come off but for month lol. hes accepted TRT later in life already. yeah he just cruises and blasts leading up to comps. changing the compounds each run in 6 month intervals

If he is just switching from Test Prop to Test Cyp, and Tren Ace to Tren E, he really isn’t changing the compounds…

a lot of guys run a “test base” (if you will) of around 800-1200mg/week depending on how big they are/want to be.

then they will add things like a gram of EQ, or a gram of deca, primo, or tren… etc… and rotate those in and out every 8-12 weeks (yes… 8 weeks even for long esters… no clue why)

but changing test E for test C? no point imo…

ya im not saying I agree with his idea of changing things around. he does change compounds but he always swears by changing esters (changing how the compounds are released at what rate). like i have said to him even test is test bro. tren is tren. he just thinks the diff releasing rates affect his body’s adaptation to the compounds…

alot of this shit is in your head in the world of AAS IMO

But back to my topic.

The thing is, is that I am not referring to BigRon’s friend who basically blasts and cruises.

What I am saying is, how long can you exhaust a single compound (with equal breaks between cycles) until that body has built a tolerance to that specific compound? Is it common for the body to build a tolerance to one compound and not be able to have the same effect on the original cycle for other compounds due to SOME a-like chemical properties of each steriodal/andro compound?

That’s what I am asking here. Say for example, someone on their first cycle runs 500 weekly. After that cycle and equal or more time off, could that person run the same cycle or would the body already be at tolerance for that amount in the body and need a bigger dose for bigger or leaner muscle growth?

The book basically says (at least from my interpretation) is that you should ‘exhaust a singular compound’ and then move onto different one’s or stacks.

What do you guys think? I am not familiar on the science of this so please forgive me on this.

[quote]JitteryBrah wrote:
But back to my topic.

The thing is, is that I am not referring to BigRon’s friend who basically blasts and cruises.

What I am saying is, how long can you exhaust a single compound (with equal breaks between cycles) until that body has built a tolerance to that specific compound? Is it common for the body to build a tolerance to one compound and not be able to have the same effect on the original cycle for other compounds due to SOME a-like chemical properties of each steriodal/andro compound?

That’s what I am asking here. Say for example, someone on their first cycle runs 500 weekly. After that cycle and equal or more time off, could that person run the same cycle or would the body already be at tolerance for that amount in the body and need a bigger dose for bigger or leaner muscle growth?

The book basically says (at least from my interpretation) is that you should ‘exhaust a singular compound’ and then move onto different one’s or stacks.

What do you guys think? I am not familiar on the science of this so please forgive me on this.[/quote]

does the book offer no explanation?

I find this to be somewhat compound specific. For example, when i run tren ace (which i run frequently), i find that 100mg ED now seems to be as effective as 100 mg ED was 5 years and countless cycles ago. As long as the tren is of decent quality and comes close to the lables claims. I do find that i have to switch my anabolics (deca, eq) more frequently as well as orals used.

I would find it hard to say that there is a specific time length for a certain compound. Everyone reacts differently to compounds and dosages so you would probably find the best answer from analyzing your past cycles and trying to figure out when your gains started to slow or even come to a halt with specific compounds. Just my two cents!

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]JitteryBrah wrote:
But back to my topic.

The thing is, is that I am not referring to BigRon’s friend who basically blasts and cruises.

What I am saying is, how long can you exhaust a single compound (with equal breaks between cycles) until that body has built a tolerance to that specific compound? Is it common for the body to build a tolerance to one compound and not be able to have the same effect on the original cycle for other compounds due to SOME a-like chemical properties of each steriodal/andro compound?

That’s what I am asking here. Say for example, someone on their first cycle runs 500 weekly. After that cycle and equal or more time off, could that person run the same cycle or would the body already be at tolerance for that amount in the body and need a bigger dose for bigger or leaner muscle growth?

The book basically says (at least from my interpretation) is that you should ‘exhaust a singular compound’ and then move onto different one’s or stacks.

What do you guys think? I am not familiar on the science of this so please forgive me on this.[/quote]

does the book offer no explanation?[/quote]

Not that I know of so far.

And Swole86, I agree. It varies person to person. It’s no wonder whey Kevin Levrone’s receptor’s responded so well on gear (one of the most genetically gifted in BB, IMO).