How Long for Squat to Go from 315 to 405?

My 2 rep max is 335 right now. currently doing a 5x2 and adding 5 pounds every week, at 310 with that currently. not sure when the progress will stall with this type of program though.

EDIT:

Im dumb… thought I was in the GAL forum lol… but to answer your question anyway: I have no idea how long it took. If you’re on a serious squat program you could do it in 6 months or less.

Took me a year, but I didn’t squat the whole time or do a PL routine so it could be done faster if you focused on it.

Took me less than three months. Did 5/3/1.

[quote]wannabestronggu wrote:
My 2 rep max is 335 right now. currently doing a 5x2 and adding 5 pounds every week, at 310 with that currently. not sure when the progress will stall with this type of program though.[/quote]

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? Who knows and who cares…the fun is the journey to get to the goal! Keep busting ass in the gym and you’ll be there and further in no time.

I remember years ago reading articles by Louis, of West-side fame using 500# squatters as examples in the articles. This is when I had pulled my head out of my ass and chose to quit being a gym rat and doing half squats and other stupid shit. I thought I’d be the shit if I could squat 500#. Well now I can rep that shit 8-10 times. Now I’m flirting with “7 wheels”, point is it’s cool to ponder things like time to do “X” but don’t obsess ok, keep things consistent and progressing. Oh and BTW maybe I’m not hip on all these programs but never heard of a 5x2. maybe get with something a bit more "proven like 5-3-1 or a basic West-Side split. Good luck dude.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

My 2 rep max is 335 right now. currently doing a 5x2 and adding 5 pounds every week, at 310 with that currently. not sure when the progress will stall with this type of program though.[/quote]

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? . [/quote]

534 licks, man. Everyone knows that

[quote]hairygorillaguy wrote:

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? . [/quote]

534 licks, man. Everyone knows that[/quote]

its obviously dependent on your toung length and roughness.

Here is what I am currently doing and has worked for me. I have been putting on strength pretty good.

225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3
315 x max reps

Here is the 405 video - YouTube

I have been in the gym less than 9 months, I think 275x3 was my max in the beginning. 405 is my max weight for right now so adjust your weights for you range. Some weeks I progressed with strength and was able to do a 4th or 5th rep on my max weight, some weeks my max reps went up, and some weeks it was a combo of both. But I think doing reps with aggressive concentric movement and also a max rep set of 80% 3RM has really been the key to my improvement.

^^GREAT STUFF ADAM!!^^

On a side not, I’d bring in your stance just a little bit OR angle you feet out a little more to keep your knees from caving in that little bit when you come out of the hole.

keep up the good work bro

planning on doing 405 by shortly after christmas. currently around 325.

I think it would depend on your training age and your program. A guy with less experience will obviously progress faster and quite a bit more linearly.

I got 315 for the first time about this time last year, and I’ve gotten to about a 365 squat in that time-frame (with a couple months off due to an MCL sprain and other sports taking precedence). I’m hoping to get, like Herc, a 405 shortly after Christmas.

Thanks Strength! I have been playing with turning my toes out further. Growing up playing hockey and having wider hips a wide stance is always more comfortable for me and I feel like I’m able to generate a significant amount more power.

My goal is to do 2x body weight by the 1 year mark. I am 220-225 right now so I need to add another 35-45lbs of squat strength or drop 10lbs and gain a little more strength

I have only been in the gym for 9 months right now but have been training on and off for the last 10 years.

[quote]animus wrote:
I think it would depend on your training age and your program. A guy with less experience will obviously progress faster and quite a bit more linearly.

I got 315 for the first time about this time last year, and I’ve gotten to about a 365 squat in that time-frame (with a couple months off due to an MCL sprain and other sports taking precedence). I’m hoping to get, like Herc, a 405 shortly after Christmas.[/quote]

difference is you’re looking for 40 lbs, i’m looking for 80 or so. good luck animus

315 to 405 will take 7 months 2 weeks 3 hours and 24 minutes and 13 seconds.

[quote]stallion wrote:
315 to 405 will take 7 months 2 weeks 3 hours and 24 minutes and 13 seconds.[/quote]

No way brah, it will take at least 8 months, 1.4 weeks, 23 hours, 22 minutes, and .1 seconds

Depends on how much NO-Xplode you can afford.

Mid July, I hit a 345 max. Mid September, I hit a 345 box squat max. My box squat max is usually about 90% of my free squat so that puts my max +/- 10lbs of 380 in theory. So hopefully, I should have this before Christmas barring any life catastrophes or physical injury.

StrengthDawg, just want to say thanks on the foot placement critique, I turned my feet out just a little further last night doing squats and noticed a big difference.

[quote]BHG wrote:

Depends on how much NO-Xplode you can afford.[/quote]

I concur. You will need at least 2 scoops of NO-Xplode every workout. You might as well keep a bottle on you at all times and just drink it throughout the day… I found this helped me break my plataea