How Long for Increases In Size?

With correct diet and working out about how long does it take to increase arm size by 1 inch. Note that this is with correct dieting and working out.

For you? 71 days on the dot.

For many people an increase of overally size in the 20 lbs range can correspond with an inch increase for upper arms. Gain significant strength on your curls and close grip presses/extensions and overall size and then tape up your arms.

I have heard that its a good rule of thumb, that every 15 pounds gained = about an inch… maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Scott M wrote:
For you? 71 days on the dot.

For many people an increase of overally size in the 20 lbs range can correspond with an inch increase for upper arms. Gain significant strength on your curls and close grip presses/extensions and overall size and then tape up your arms. [/quote]

i say this because my buddies arm is roughly 18 inches flexed and i can curl just as much or even more than him, and its not like hes fat or anything his arms look ripped, my arms flexed are 15 and unflexed 12.5 which pisses me off.

a. he may and probably uses stricter curl form than you.

b. This is probably the more likely option of the two. I imagine his presses, dips, close grip bench etc. are all far ahead of yours considering the triceps accounts for about 2/3, I believe, of the arm’s muscle. Therefore, biceps are merely one third of the equation. He may also have shorter muscle bellies than making his arms peak more than yours.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
a. he may and probably uses stricter curl form than you.

b. This is probably the more likely option of the two. I imagine his presses, dips, close grip bench etc. are all far ahead of yours considering the triceps accounts for about 2/3, I believe, of the arm’s muscle. Therefore, biceps are merely one third of the equation. He may also have shorter muscle bellies than making his arms peak more than yours.[/quote]

Ha Getswole you go to FSU so do I

very nice what year are you, PM me if you like…You from Florida?

There’s a lot that depends on how you add weight to your arms. You could add 20 pounds and get 1 inch out of it. You could add 10 pounds and get 1 inch out of it. If you’re not working out your legs it may take forever to add 4 inches on your arms but you could do it with gaining as little as 30 pounds with a horrifically unbalanced program and a good pump.

I say that whenever I gain 10 pounds I notice a difference. Until then I think I look the same.
I think no matter what your build is, everyone will notice if you gain or lose 10 pounds.

With about a 20 pound gain your clothes normally start to fit differently/Don’t fit at all. Squats + Deadlifts = New Pants.
Rows + Bench = New Shirts.
Human Growth Hormone = New Hat Size.