T Nation

How Long For Fat Loss?

These are the photos.

I am on 500cal deficit atm, hittin’ my macros.
This is my first week on cut, how long do you reckon till fat is no longer a problem?

I know its not there isn’t much muscle but I’m just sick of fat all around the body.

Shoot for losing a 1lb a week, maybe 2. It’s hard to estimate, that’s all anyone can do, without knowing your height, weight and what your goal is. I’m not sure I know what what you mean by:

Is there a medical issue your concerned about, or just having abs?

‘until fat is no longer a problem’ is very vague and subjective. Impossible to answer the question. Although I would say if you want decent results, you’ll need to run a calorie deficit for at least 2-3 months to make substantial changes.

Depends on many different factors what you eat, how you hard you train, frequency etc also how shredded you want to get.
Sounds like you need a specific measurable target like ‘4 inches of waist by Aug 1st’

Aha. That statement is just concerned about my physical appearence tbh.
I was going to say 6 pack, but my friend made it clear to me that I would need to atleast cut for 6 months on the same deficit, or even a year for that.

Maybe a better question, on a calorie deficit, would I have lost my belly in e months time? With 2days on heavy training and one day off.

I want to get as lean as I possibly can. Do you think a 4/6 pack is a reasonable target?

What kind of substantial results do you predict? According to the photos posted

Your friend is an idiot. If it takes you a full year to see a 6 pack from where you are, you’ve done something very wrong.

Why does it matter what results I predict? My guess is you should look in the mirror and look much better than you do now. But why not just do the things you’re supposed to do, and see what happens? You seem very impatient, as if you HAVE to know exactly what will happen. Too many factors come into play for me to guess this. I don’t know how much you’ll cheat on your diet, how consistently you’ll go to the gym, how hard you’ll work there, how active you will be outside of the gym, etc etc etc.

My advice is to work as hard as you can to achieve your goals. If you work hard, you will have results sooner or later. If you aren’t where you want to be in 3 months, just keep working.

Cool. Thanks
I guess I basically came here looking for motivation to continue.

If looking in the mirror is not sufficient motivation, then I don’t know how we can help you. You’re doing this for yourself, not us.

I’ve always had to find the drive to improve myself internally. Along the way to becoming who I am today, I’ve encountered more negativity than I ever imagined I would. The truth is, a lot of people don’t like it when the people around them start to become better than they are. They will tell you ‘you look fine already’ or ‘I like you the way you are. why change?’ So you have to self-motivate. Have a clear purpose in your head of what and who you want to be, and don’t let anyone get in the way. Forget time tables. Work until the job is done. If you’re not there in 3 months, keep going. If it takes 6 months, keep going. If it takes 10 years? Keep going. I’ve been at this for nearly 14 years, and I’m not where I want to be yet. BUT at the same time, I’m well past where I thought I had the potentially to ever get when I first started.

Just some things to think about.