How Long for Contest Preparation?

what’s the best time to start your prep? I was thinking about competing for the first time after I finish my second bulk. I started working out 2 years ago. I bulked from 155 to 196, cut from 196 to 175 (in 90 days) and now I’m bulking back up. I’m hanging around 188-190 right now. (13-15 lbs in 5 months). Is 13-15 lbs too little for 5 months of bulking? I consistently track my calories, and I’ve hit my macros every single day for 5 months. I was told that with how much weight i’ve gained there’s very little muscle tissue. What are you guys thought on this? any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Picture is worth a 1000 words

Height?

And, whatever your friends told you, add 10-15 extra lbs of weight loss.

2 Likes

this post is utterly useless.

literally the only thing we need from you is a picture to determine how many weeks prep should be. Not your life story. not your height. not your weight. nothing but a picture. and please, no weird angles. one from the front, one from the side would be sufficient. needs to be full body. relaxed pose.

1 Like

In addition to the picture, do you want to win or do you just want to get on stage and not look completely out of place?

2 Likes

All great points being made. I’ll add:

-more time is better than less
(Less suffering, plus you always need to plan for Unexpected hiccups)

-stage lean is so far beyond “gym shredded”, so don’t take advice from friends who haven’t competed successfully (successfully!)

-photos trump actual stats, so get with 'em! -lol

S

1 Like