How Long for Adex to Lower E?

Just wondering how long does it usually take Arimidex to begin to lower Estradiol levels?

I realize that every situation is unique, but there should be some general consensus on the matter.

This is also taking into effect that “everything else” basically stays the same.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

almost immediately. I’ve tested after less than two weeks in the past. Two weeks is probably fine. I thought that even if you stopped aromatase, you’d probably want to give your body time to clear E2 that was already there. You’d also want to get a steady level of the AI before testing and adjusting dosage.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
almost immediately. I’ve tested after less than two weeks in the past. Two weeks is probably fine. I thought that even if you stopped aromatase, you’d probably want to give your body time to clear E2 that was already there. You’d also want to get a steady level of the AI before testing and adjusting dosage.[/quote]

Thanks.

So hopefully it’s a bit too early to get dejected from my most recent blood work.

On Nov. 6th my E2 level was 89.1 pg/ml. Began taking what I assumed was Arimidex which I bought from what I thought was a reliable source, last Wednesday, .5mg 24hrs after my usual Tuesday afternoon injection of .40 ml Test-Cyp, then took another .5 mg of Arimidex on Friday night, 24 hrs after my usual Thursday night injection of .40ml Test-Cyp. So basically 1mg in about 56 hours.

Had bloodwork done yesterday afternoon, and while my total testosterone has gone up since Nov. 6th from 567.7 ng/dl to 570.6 ng/dl, my Estradiol has also GONE UP from 89.1 pg/ml to 92.6 pg/ml!!

So maybe (HOPEFULLY) it’s just taking my body a bit longer to react, and I’ll start getting better results after a few weeks.

Have more blood work scheduled in about one month.

Effect on aromatase is basically instant, then it takes time for the liver’s E2 removal rate to create a new balance. You should feel changes in 7-10 days.

1 Like

Thanks KSman, you’ve helped me breathe a huge sigh of relief. I guess I’m just a bit too impatient in wanting my E2 levels to drop A.S.A.P.

I’ll see how my E2 level is when I get my next blood work done in about a month.

And it takes a while for brain patterns to accommodate the new hormone balance.

So I guess I just have to learn to be a bit more patient.

Thanks KSman.

I’ve been on TRT since February of this year, when my TT was 41 ng/dl from a range of 242 - 827 ng/dl.

I inject 40mg of Test-Cyp SubQ 3 x per week, and on Nov 24 my TT level was 570 ng/dl from the same range as above.

On Nov 21st, I began taking .5 mg of Arimidex 3 x per week, 24 hours after each Test-Cyp injection . My E2 level on Nov. 24 was 92.6 pg/ml from a range of < 42.5 pg/ml.

I just did some blood work today, and my Total Testosterone level is down to 412.1 ng/dl from the same range as above.

I don’t have the results yet from today’s E2 test.

But why would Arimidex LOWER my testosterone? And by so much?

UPDATE

Just got the results of my Estradiol test from yesterday, and while my Total Testosterone dropped from 570.6 ng/dl from a range of 242-827 ng/dl on Nov. 24th to 412.1 ng/dl from the same range, as tested yesterday, my Estradiol also DROPPED from 92.6 pg/ml from a range of < 42.5 pg/ml on Nov. 24th to a level of 67.0 pg/ml from the same range, as tested yesterday.

So I guess what I have really is Arimidex, but for some reason, my TT levels have also dropped. Or maybe it is because I’ve drawn the blood at different times after my most recent Test-Cyp injection.

But DAMN it’s nice to see my E2 levels going down! Not nearly enough of course, but it’s a start!

My apologies. I didn’t realize I should have kept everything in one post. It won’t happen again.

Yes the same lab did the work.

No, I am not using hCG.

Please feel free to delete the other thread. Once again I apologize.