T Nation

How Long Does Mixed Mass Gainer Last?

I have been taking optimum nutrition serious mass for quite some time now. My question is how long will it remain its effectiveness when mixed in milk. I mix them up in he morning and sometimes I don’t finish it until like 12 hours later. Is it stil effective a lot later?

yeah man, it’s fine

Why not just buy Maltodextrin/dextrose and mix the two with some quailty protein? That’s essentialy what this is, but your paying far more for the nutrients that are being poorly absorbed(if at all) to due to their competetiveness.

[quote]-MF- wrote:
Why not just buy Maltodextrin/dextrose and mix the two with some quailty protein? That’s essentialy what this is, but your paying far more for the nutrients that are being poorly absorbed(if at all) to due to their competetiveness. [/quote]

wrong

[quote]-MF- wrote:
Why not just buy Maltodextrin/dextrose and mix the two with some quailty protein? That’s essentialy what this is, but your paying far more for the nutrients that are being poorly absorbed(if at all) to due to their competetiveness. [/quote]

Wow. I used their lean mass gainer many times and just got bigger. Who knew I hadn’t complicated it enough?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
wrong[/quote]

Care to explain your point of view? Any child can say wrong without reason.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Wow. I used their lean mass gainer many times and just got bigger. Who knew I hadn’t complicated it enough?[/quote]

Yeah I called up Willy Wonka and told him to bring me a truckload of his finest creations, oddly, I got bigger too. My point is why pay for something that even a 12 year-old could formulate. All mass gainers are crap IMO, Nothing special what so ever. Simply fast-acting sugars + protein powder. At least save yourself the $$, because you literally are pissing away those “Minerals/Vitamins” in this

[quote]-MF- wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
wrong[/quote]

Care to explain your point of view? Any child can say wrong without reason.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Wow. I used their lean mass gainer many times and just got bigger. Who knew I hadn’t complicated it enough?[/quote]

Yeah I called up Willy Wonka and told him to bring me a truckload of his finest creations, oddly, I got bigger too. My point is why pay for something that even a 12 year-old could formulate. All mass gainers are crap IMO, Nothing special what so ever. Simply fast-acting sugars + protein powder. At least save yourself the $$, because you literally are pissing away those “Minerals/Vitamins” in this [/quote]

Uh, yeah, the difference is, I look like my avatar as a result now…not like someone who grew up eating Willy Wonka nerds.

ALright now lets not hate on nerds, those things are delicious. I dont’ take the mass gainer for the vitamins though. I just want the calories and the macros that come along with it. Besides serious mass by optimum nutrition isn’t that expensive. IDk how much maltodextrin costs but Im guessing the cost of the protein and maltodextrin together may come to around the same price as the mass gainer. Like I said idk anything about the maltodextrin though