How Long Can You Plank?

how long can you hold a plank? just the toes and forearms touching the floor. tight straight body…

About four minutes the last time I checked (six months ago or so); five if my life depended on it.

I plank about 9 hours a night.

did a plank with 265 lbs on my back for 1 minute…

6 minutes, but that was in my Golden Gloves time @ highschool, and without the college beer gut.

How long can you RKC plank?

Squeeze glutes, quads and abs as hard as you can, elbows way in front of your shoulders, try to crush the ground between your feet and elbows?

steviebeast. thats a lot of weight. how much do you weigh?

Until I get bored and want to do something else. I hate regular planks. If you want a challenge try a plank similar to the RKC plank described above except put your elbows on a swiss ball.

Probably one of the only legitimate uses of the swiss ball I’ve ever personally found. Makes a plank a lot harder

I do sets of 1 - 2 minute planks.
I alternate from side planks to RKC to the opposite side plank.
I get bored after 1 - 2 minutes and don’t go for time.

“Until I get bored and want to do something else.”

This.

Normally takes 2 minutes. Far more value from RKC planks, or unilateral ie lift the left leg and right arm etc. Ab roller is my current core worker of choice.

to spk…I am 5 11 165…We all have strengths and weaknesses according to our genetics. My weakness is easily chest…but my core is crazy for some reason. I basically only do the ab wheel from my toes…And roll all the way out…And this thing where I hang from a bar and tighten my body and raise the entire body parallel to the ground without bending my waist. And 3rd, I do steep incline sit ups with a 45 lbs plate held straight above my head…really fast in the incline for explosiveness…then I hold the weight further back on the decent to make more resistance. I never do any crunches of any kind ever. I think they are a waste of time.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Until I get bored and want to do something else. I hate regular planks. If you want a challenge try a plank similar to the RKC plank described above except put your elbows on a swiss ball.

Probably one of the only legitimate uses of the swiss ball I’ve ever personally found. Makes a plank a lot harder[/quote]

pushups on a swiss ball are pretty good too. don’t knock it till you try it!

[quote]steviebeast wrote:
And this thing where I hang from a bar and tighten my body and raise the entire body parallel to the ground without bending my waist.
[/quote]

Front levers?

did a plank with 265 lbs on my back for 1 minute…[/quote]

Is that twins girlfriends ?

I havent done any planking since engaging with the ab wheel,
does the same thing , except better.

me too field. I only did that plank to show him how easy it is. I only do ab rollers but from the toes…I can do 20 reps straight…which is basically total death. If I only do abrollers 2 times a week its all I need.

HEY Hp50p,yes about the twin girlfriends…well if it were they would be dead now…my recent wife of one year would basically tear them to pieces…other wise you would have been right Hahaah…not really kidding…but good one.!!!

photo this year…for my 46th birthday I did 23 abrollouts from the toes…
also did clean and press 180x3 and chinup 125lbs extrax3…
Need a new goal for this year…any ideas?

sorry what is a front lever? What I am talking about is holding your body parallel to the ground from your hands hanging from a bar.

sorry what is a front lever? What I am talking about is holding your body parallel to the ground from your hands hanging from a bar. [/quote]

Google “Front Lever”

… My job here is done.

Maxed out a little over 4:30.

So boring.