How Long Can You Keep TRT Up?

It has been a while since I have been here. I have been doing great with my T, HCG, and AI protocol. Something that has crossed my mind is how long can I keep the TRT up. I am talking long term. I am 54 right now and wondering how things are going to be in my 70’s - 80’s assuming I live that long.

You can continue safely until the very end. Unless a health condition arises that contraindicated it’s use, such as androgen responsive cancers. The AI may be reduced or D/Cd if you show signs of osteopenia.

Bone loss does not happen from AI use, only from low estrogens and/or low T. If using/needing an AI, this should be guided by lab work and then low E2 levels simply never happen with proper management.

How low does E2 need to be in a male with high normal T to lead to bone loss? We know that young males can have low E2 and their bone grow normally and rapid. And males with lower E2 levels are taller than their counterparts.

Another related age issue is that the elderly do not get outdoors very much and then have very little vit-D3 generation in their skin which can then lead to serum vit-D levels that are low which affects bone health.

In my thinking, virtually all bone fractures in elderly men is a result of low testosterone. If T levels are decent, E2 levels will not be too low. And T–>E2 aromatization occurs in some tissues that need E2 to function properly. Bone and brain tissue are good examples. Also note that aromatase increases in males as they get older. I often wonder if that is true or simply a result of getting fatter.

Are you crying wolf?

I totally agree that with responsible use of an AI there should be no E2 deficiency or subsequent bone loss. However, I think it’s entirely possible for values to go unchecked for years while it’s assumed that the lab values that were noted while stable governed the dosing. Should I for instance continue on my 0.5mg E3D schedule, I’ll be a little low on E2 and possibly at risk after 40 years when I’m 80.

True. But if values go unchecked for years, you’re in trouble long before you hit your 70s and 80s. I don’t see how age itself is a problem. If anything, I think the benefits of TRT would be more pronounced in the elderly (basically because all of your peers are walking around with their T in the gutter).

No it would take years and years to reduce a healthy male skeleton to the stage of osteoporosis. Usually men only get to the stage of osteopenia which isn’t quite as deficient as osteoporosis. Women however are at risk several years after menopause.