T Nation

How Long Before Taking Test Supplements?

how long should a person be trainning before taking testosterone pills ?

20 years

I’m 49 and still don’t take them…

I guess that would depend on your body, your health, you Hormone levels, and your goals.

Test boosters or hormone support supps?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
20 years[/quote]
you serious ?

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
Test boosters or hormone support supps?

[/quote]
hormone support

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I guess that would depend on your body, your health, you Hormone levels, and your goals. [/quote] its been 8 months that i have stopped gainning weight. have tried different diets and nutritions but none have worked

[quote]DanielBello95 wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I guess that would depend on your body, your health, you Hormone levels, and your goals. [/quote] its been 8 months that i have stopped gainning weight. have tried different diets and nutritions but none have worked
[/quote]

It’s not about steroids, it’s about the sheer quantity of food.

How many cals are you eating per day? Are you tracking it to be sure? Most lifters are overestimate how much they’re eating

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
[/quote]

How many cals are you eating per day? Are you tracking it to be sure? Most lifters are overestimate how much they’re eating[/quote]

i eat rice , chicken ect
i guess i eat good
for one year i gained mass well but now i have stopped.

i eat rice , chicken ect
i guess i eat good
for one year i gained mass well but now i have stopped.[/quote]
What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

At 20 years old, there’s very little chance you’ll see any major impact from a Test booster or hormone supplement unless a doctor checks your bloodwork and discovers legitimate low Test levels.

ZMA is always a good option. It supports healthy hormone levels and helps you sleep well, thus aiding your hormone levels and recovery.

Try Yolked. It has zinc, magnesium, and egg yolk cholesterol. This gives you the proper messaging signals from the zinc (increases luteinizing hormone), discourages loss of free testosterone with the magnesium, and cholesterols are literally the building blocks of testosterone.

at my age I use something called Endocryn DMEA, a long with a Proanthanol Biocomplex, Acetyl L Carnitine and a host of vitamin/minerals/supplements. After seeing the difference in my blood tests some 6 months apart, things are working very well.

I have also used a supplement from this site that helped, a T helper of some kind, but I do not recall the name of it, that worked well.

Just finished an article about the man with the 2nd highest IQ in the world, takes some very large number of supplements before breakfast.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

i eat rice , chicken ect
i guess i eat good
for one year i gained mass well but now i have stopped.[/quote]
What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

At 20 years old, there’s very little chance you’ll see any major impact from a Test booster or hormone supplement unless a doctor checks your bloodwork and discovers legitimate low Test levels.[/quote]

I’d agree with this. I’m 20 now, but when i was 18, I thought taking a t booster would help me gain significant weight. Didn’t work. Nothing bad happened, just lost out on some money. Just keep your head up, keep eating, and good stuff will happen.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
[/quote]

How many cals are you eating per day? Are you tracking it to be sure? Most lifters are overestimate how much they’re eating[/quote]

i eat rice , chicken ect
i guess i eat good
for one year i gained mass well but now i have stopped.
[/quote]

Use one of those websites that accurately tracks calories. Calculate exactly what you ate for 2 weeks. It’s not just what you ate but HOW MUCH.

Some guys have to put down 5000+ calories to gain weight.

What is a testosterone pill?

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
[/quote]

Dude, eat more. That’s the secret, not even kidding. Not gaining weight in 8 months means you’re not eating enough to grow. As someone else said, it doesn’t matter what you eat as much as how much you eat. I can eat only chicken and brocolli but get fat if I eat 5000 calories of it (which is pretty hard to do), which is why many people who eat “healthy” foods don’t get fat: they’re not calorie dense. It’s not that the chicken and rice and veggies are magic foods, it’s just really hard to eat so much of it that you get fat unless you force feed yourself.

I mean, I’ve dropped almost 30 pounds before eating McDonalds 2-3 times a week. It’s about calories ingested, not necessarily where those calories came from. No I don’t recommend doing the McDonalds thing but I knew what I was doing calorie-wise and wanted some mcdoubles dammit.

Back in the day I thought I was eating a lot, all I ate was big bowls of chicken and rice and I was always full. Turns out it wasn’t even 3000 calories once I took the time to legitimately track it.

Stop looking for “diets and nutritions”, whatever that last thing means, and just eat more. That’s it.

Track your calories for a few days. Just worry about overall calories to start with if you don’t want to track every macro. If all you eat is chicken and rice, just look up those 2 foods and weigh/measure your food next time before you cook it and use that to estimate every other time. Takes like 5 minutes the first time then 5 seconds every meal.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
[/quote]

read 10 articles on this website especially a bunch by Dan John and you will have more than enough knowledge to start packing on muscle…