T Nation

How Long Before Results Kick In?

I’ve read alot about how long various compounds stay in your system (half lifes). This is discussed at length for purposes of calculating PCT timeing and drug testing. However, I rarely see discussed how long it will take a particular drug to start to show benefits. Example if test propionate or suspension is close to being out of your system in less than a week. Is that directly relevant to how long before you feel the drugs benefit when you start the cycle? How long before you feel effect of this particular drug vs test cyp or enanthate and vs a very slow acting esther based drug such as Deca?

I’ve noticed that for strength and size gains you need to wait around 2 to 3 weeks. Aggression and libido changes can be observed much sooner. It seems to me that once a steroid turns the biochemical “switch” on, your body will start to respond in the ways that you’d expect.

but is there a big difference between the response time of the different drugs and if so is it directly correlated to how long they take to get out of your system?

Short answer, yes, it is related.

The ester dictates how slowly the hormone is released into the system. It is the barrier, or armor, that is cleaved off while sitting in Depot, deep in your muscle belly.

That, as you stated, effects how long it stays in your system as well.

So, saying that, it would obviously be related to how long a particular compound would take to exert it’s effects.

ie.
You will see and feel Test Propionate results much sooner than you would Test Enanthate.

ubiq and all others, how long for prop to result in gains? How long for enan? How long for a oral like dbol or anadrol? I’m trying to build a cycle that will transition in the beginning from either prop (or an oral) to enanthate.

sce, they are not related. The half life is determined either by how fast your liver can break it down or by how fast your kidneys can pee it out. How long it takes to take effect it determined by how quickly it is absorbded from the depot, and how quickly your muscles can respond to it.

[quote]scs wrote:
ubiq and all others, how long for prop to result in gains? How long for enan? How long for a oral like dbol or anadrol? I’m trying to build a cycle that will transition in the beginning from either prop (or an oral) to enanthate.[/quote]

i personally “feel” prop after 4-5 days, enanthate by the end of week 2/beginning of week 3 (with a frontload). d-bol will give you water bloat pretty much right away in my experience, and the stamina boost/strength gains seem to come around the end of week 1. i think its probably more dependant on your dosage, and how evenly you divide doses. drol seemed to take a little longer to “kick in”, middle of week 1, then some good strength and size gains came rapidly. again, just going off my own experience. others will react/respond differently. but maybe it at least gives you a better idea.