T Nation

How Long Before Pudzianowski Dominates MMA?

So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:confused:

So ahhh… how bout you stop posting?

^ Do you never have anything worthwhile to say?

I’ll go on a limb and say that it was a good suggestion.

In an interview in april 2001 Rickson Gracie said that “… Just being big and well-prepared is already a great advantage for him. That makes the smaller guy the underdog no matter what he does.”.

Although we all know this is true to some extent, size alone doesn’t win fights. Just look at how Akebono and Bob Sapp got punished by much smaller guys at K1.

However, considering Mariusz’ background in BJJ, Kyokushin and Boxing, I wouldn’t underestimate his fighting game.

I’m half polish myself, so one part of me would like to see him compete. On the other hand, I despise the fact that K1 is dominated by guys like Semmy Schilt who dominate only because of their size and power…

Anyways, MMA is a technical, mental and a of course a very physical game, so if a fighter is just so much fitter and stronger than the other guy, then more power to him, right? At least, that finishes the discussions about wheter or not the art XYZ can deal with physically superior adversaries or not. Step in the ring/octagon, take on Pudzian and prove it ;).

Whoooooooosshhhhhhhh

But I do agree with what you said.

[quote]Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:/[/quote]

Why in the world would you think that Brock Lesnar has only mediocre skills?

Well alright, I was referring really to overeem with that one who’s gone from a B-level lhw to a heavyweight champion smashing machine cause of strength training and a good diet.

Overreem has standup skills man. I don’t think his standup his mediocre at all.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
So ahhh… how bout you stop posting?[/quote]

ha, that was exactly what I was thinking

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Overreem has standup skills man. I don’t think his standup his mediocre at all.[/quote]

I’m talking about him as an MMA fighter here, not K1

[quote]Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?[/quote]

Who the fuck do you think you are? What the hell do you know about MMA or combat sports in general?

[quote]Im Yolked wrote:

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:/[/quote]

You fucking idiot. Pudzi is a kykushinkai karateka, has trained in boxing, and IIRC has a background in wrestling.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:confused:

Why in the world would you think that Brock Lesnar has only mediocre skills?

[/quote]

Because he’s a poser and a google e-xpert, one of the many more tards who like to create an opinion on shit (in particular combat sports) he has no clue about and who, to the horror of humanity, thinks his faulty opinions are fact.

[quote]elnyka wrote:
Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:confused:

You fucking idiot. Pudzi is a kykushinkai karateka, has trained in boxing, and IIRC has a background in wrestling.[/quote]

Purple Belt BJJ, afaik. Could be wrong, though…

[quote]elnyka wrote:
Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:confused:

You fucking idiot. Pudzi is a kykushinkai karateka, has trained in boxing, and IIRC has a background in wrestling.[/quote]

these threads are great for the brotard on brotard hate.

But what are his credentials in boxing, karate or wrestling? Do they compare with those of top MMA athletes?

I don’t think so. Technically he is likely very bad at the sport, his freakish physical attributes are what he relies on first and foremost.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
elnyka wrote:
Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:confused:

You fucking idiot. Pudzi is a kykushinkai karateka, has trained in boxing, and IIRC has a background in wrestling.

these threads are great for the brotard on brotard hate.
[/quote]

They bring out the best of us!

[quote]FirestormWarrior wrote:
In an interview in april 2001 Rickson Gracie said that “… Just being big and well-prepared is already a great advantage for him. That makes the smaller guy the underdog no matter what he does.”.

Although we all know this is true to some extent, size alone doesn’t win fights. Just look at how Akebono and Bob Sapp got punished by much smaller guys at K1.

However, considering Mariusz’ background in BJJ, Kyokushin and Boxing, I wouldn’t underestimate his fighting game.

I’m half polish myself, so one part of me would like to see him compete. On the other hand, I despise the fact that K1 is dominated by guys like Semmy Schilt who dominate only because of their size and power…

Anyways, MMA is a technical, mental and a of course a very physical game, so if a fighter is just so much fitter and stronger than the other guy, then more power to him, right? At least, that finishes the discussions about wheter or not the art XYZ can deal with physically superior adversaries or not. Step in the ring/octagon, take on Pudzian and prove it ;).[/quote]

Schiilt’s “power” and “domination”? We must watch a different K1.

[quote]elnyka wrote:
kmcnyc wrote:
elnyka wrote:
Im Yolked wrote:
So, has anyone else read about the worlds strongest man making his MMA debut??

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Who does he think he is?

LOL if insane strength, power and very mediocre MMA skill was all you needed to do well at heavyweight, then lesnar and overeem would’ve been hw champs right about n…

Oh, wait…

:confused:

You fucking idiot. Pudzi is a kykushinkai karateka, has trained in boxing, and IIRC has a background in wrestling.

these threads are great for the brotard on brotard hate.

They bring out the best of us!
[/quote]

uhm you’d be part of the brotard crowd.

[quote]Im Yolked wrote:
But what are his credentials in boxing, karate or wrestling? Do they compare with those of top MMA athletes? [/quote]

Non sequitur. He’s not attempting to jump right on top looking for the UFC HW title, does it? He’s simply a superb athlete (which no one can deny) with possibly average fighting skills, trying MMA for the first time at a local MMA promotion.

What is wrong with that? We have athletes with a lifetime of training in wrestling, strength, football/rugby and boxing trying out MMA all the time at local events. This man’s case is no different (except for the fact of the media attention due to his achievements in strongmen events).

You are making a comparison of his skills vs the skills of top MMA fighters, a comparison that he has not made. You are making that comparison for the simple purpose of establishing an argument that you can debate against.

Furthermore, you are ridiculing a man who, whether you like it or not, is a top athlete, simply for the fact that he’s going to try his luck, which is his right, in yet another sport (in this case MMA at a local MMA event.)

What’s the fucking problem with that? Does him trying his luck mean he thinks he’s the alpha and omega (as you suggested in your ridiculous first post)?

[quote]Im Yolked wrote:
I don’t think so.[/quote]

Doesn’t matter what you think.

[quote]Im Yolked wrote:
Technically he is likely very bad at the sport, his freakish physical attributes are what he relies on first and foremost. [/quote]

First, how do you know that he’s bad at every sport? Do you know this for a fact?

Second, what exactly is the problem with relying on freakish physical attributes?

MMA is a fucking sport for fucks sake, where athleticism is poured on combat. Certainly that talent and skills are important, but so are physical attributes which are the vehicle that takes that talent and those skills to a win.

Pudzianowski has not only strength, but the one important physical attribute needed in MMA - he’s an anaerobic/explosiveness machine.

There is a saying that after a few punches a BJJ black belt turns into a brown belt, and so on and so on until he turns into a blue belt. There is a reason for that saying.

Whether his physical qualities are sufficient to get to be among the MMA creme-de-la-creme is debatable. But he certainly has what it takes, in terms of physical strength and what you, in your arrogance, call mediocre fighting skills, to do well in local MMA events.

I for one applaud when someone tries MMA, whether it’s some Joe with a semester of HS wrestling, or a man of Pudzi’s caliber.

You, on the other hand, have a problem with it, because you are arrogant, argumentative, and ignorant about the nature of combat sports. You assume the man is being arrogant (as you said “who does he think he is?”) when in reality, it is you projecting your arrogance onto him.