How Long Before a Change in My Physique?

my routine is squat bench deadlift 3x week with abs , im sick of the way my body looks i just want to know when my physique will change i just feel like i never get results and i eat the right way and eat the right way. But how long till i see change in my physique from powerlifting

dammit dunno what went wrong but i ment to say how long of powerlifting will it take for me to see a physique change.

184 days. hang in there brah.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
184 days. hang in there brah.[/quote]

x2 keep up the good work broski you’ll get theur.

try eating more

1. what is your diet like?
  2. how tall are you ?
  3. what do you weigh?
  4. what phyical goals do you have?

powerlifting is a sport for strength, not for looks. granted, going to the gym and lifting hard & heavy will have positive net effect on your body with respect to how well muscle will look on you. but if you aren’t eating the right amount of certain foods at certain times, then you might not have a major change.

i suggest that you define your goals. it’s hard to have goals be both strength and a sweet looking bod if you are new to the game. typically one will have better luck if they strive for one at a time.

now i’ll sit back and:

1. let you answer
  2. let the rest of the guys flame ya. b/c with that of vagueness, you sorta deserve it.

Dude, are you a powerlifter or a bodybuilder? Most guys in this forum aren’t that concerned with having a hot bod. If you’re lifting properly and you arent growing then you arent eating properly, which means you probably need to eat more.

if all is well on the lifting and eating side then you should start seeing results in the first month or two. if nothing else you should at least be getting stronger.

It’s obvious that you are new here. Go check out the beginners forum I think you’ll find it helpfull.

You either lift for strength/explosive power or you lift for muscle mass.

You can’t really do both because you’ll only be half assing in both areas and gains will just suck compared to doing one or the other.

Sure you can and will get stronger the more muscle you pack on but you’ll never be a powerlifter training like a bodybuilder or vice versa.

You must choose

You gotta be at least 18 to see any physique changes from powerlifting.

In the mean time, tell us what your current training routine and diet is like.

i have a hot bod, but only b/c i use this:

http://www.parfumsdecoeur.com/Catalog.aspx?SC=174

and have striations in my flacktoid.

Powerlifting is not about hawwt abs its about smashing fucking weights, now go get your Bloat on.

its not that i want mass and look like a ballon or look big i just want that thickness that every powerlifter has. im going to compete for 198lbs 6 1

[quote]dez6485 wrote:

why 184 days just curious lol

good luck looking thick at your height at 198. if you are worried about your looks you aren’t powerlifitng. worry about your total.

eat more, lift more.

[quote]jeminz92 wrote:

[quote]dez6485 wrote:

[/quote]

That wasn’t really a serious answer, eat a lot of the right foods and lift hard and heavy, and be patient. I read something once that says it takes like at least 6 weeks to make any noticeable changes, but even then it’ll be subtle.

You’re in the Powerlifting forum. Bench press over 300, squat over 400, deadlift over 500. You should have a pretty solid build at this point.

[quote]bob_sander87 wrote:
You’re in the Powerlifting forum. Bench press over 300, squat over 400, deadlift over 500. You should have a pretty solid build at this point.[/quote]

/thread

You’re in the Powerlifting forum. Bench press over 300, squat over 400, deadlift over 500. You should have a pretty solid build at this point.[/quote]

i like in flames too :smiley:

Big shoulders, monster triceps, youll actually have big biceps from doing so much back work. Nice ass from squatting so much, and abs from doing so many sit ups (maybe not, I dont)

You will get bigger, you wont look like Flex wheeler, but I think youll be happy with the results

[quote]jeminz92 wrote:

[quote]dez6485 wrote:

[/quote]

Bust your ass for 183 days and find out.