T Nation

How Long After TRT Do the Changes Stop?

I began on hCG mono, moved to that plus a transdermal for a month, to hCG plus biweekly shots, to hCG plus weekly plus an AI, finally ending up on the prescribed protocol you read about here (note - don’t do it my way, just start the right way).

It’s been, oh I dont know, 2 months on the proper protocol, and 6 months since I first began this trek.

I am still noticing changes, and I am wondering when HRT eventually evens out and the changes stop - these are positive changes, mind you.

For instance - it’s only the last month or so I can tell my metabolism is different, I can tell I have more leeway with food choices and their effect on body comp, I can tell my memory is improving…and…this is weird…but I almost feel as tho feelings that were long dormant from my early 20’s are awakening again…not like feelings about whether I’m liberal or conservative, but feelings of…youth, that’s all I can say to explain it.

Anyway, jsut wondering - what is the timeframe for HRT to reach its steady state point in terms of transition?

there is no one time frame since each of us has a unique genetic code and disposition. Some are lucky and are good in a month or two, some experiment for years or decades before they find the right combination or simply give up and live at what ever level they end up at.

Have you checked and balanced your Thyroid and Cortisol? a lot of people on HRT also uncover problems with Thyroid and Cortisol (and other systems - ferritin, Vitamin D3, B12, Magnesium, etc.).

When you start HRT, your system tries to find a new equilibrium and doing that stresses other systems along the way. If those other systems were not in great shape to begin with you, you end up with a lot of “noise” and confusing feedback or cascading reactions. I.E. - Extra T downregulates your Cortisol which was already borderline. Your now lower Cortisol isn’t enough to work along side your Thyroid, so your Thyroid starts acting up, which then leads to… etc. etc. etc.

even the best most qualified top of the line HRT doctors don’t understand all of the possible interactions between our various systems and all of the various treatment options. This is more Art than Science it seems.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
Have you checked and balanced your Thyroid and Cortisol? a lot of people on HRT also uncover problems with Thyroid and Cortisol (and other systems - ferritin, Vitamin D3, B12, Magnesium, etc.).
[/quote]

I plan to. I imagine I will find stuff. But, I imagine 90% of the population would find something, somewhere if they look hard enough. For me specifically, I bet my cortisol is out of whack.

My point was more that I am enjoying how it’s been months since beginning treatment and I am still noticing new positive effects.

Should have added ability to adapt to stress increased as well. I’m not nearly as angry as I once was.