How is This Full Body Training Template?

Day 1
Squat: 5/3/1
Bench: 65%x5, 75%X5, 85%x5
Dip: 3x10-12
Chin: 3x10-12
Row: 3x10-12
Ab: 3 sets
Neck: 4x25

Day 3
Front Squat: 3x3
OHP: 5/3/1
Deadlift: 5/3/1
Tricep: 3x10-12
Bicep: 3x10-12

Day 5
Squat: 65%x5, 75%X5, 85%x5
Bench: 5/3/1
Dip: 3x6-8
Chin: 3x6-8
Row: 3x6-8
Ab: 3 sets
Neck: 4x25

You’re putting too much thought into your assistance work. If it works for you ,great. But just my 2 cents.

Besides the assistance work, how does the core template look? This is it btw:

Day 1
Bench: 65%x5, 75%X5, 85%x5

Day 3
OHP: 5/3/1
Deadlift: 5/3/1

Day 5
Squat: 65%x5, 75%X5, 85%x5

I prefer this template. Done it in the past and I like the frequency of the bench and squat. Throw in some curl, dips and back raises. Do not forget to do a pulling set (chins) between every pushing set.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/blood_and_chalk_vol_9_jim_wendler_talks_big_weights

Jim’s beginner program outline from a couple years ago.

Okay I made minor modifications, how is this training template? Goals are to get bigger and stronger:

Day 1
Bench: BBB 5x5 variation at 80% of training max

Day 3
OHP: 5/3/1+FSL
Deadlift: 5/3/1+FSL

Day 5
Squat: BBB 5x5 variation at 80% of training max

I prefer full body templates because I respond very well to higher frequency rather than just focusing on one lift per day, also what are your experiences with doing FSL with deadlifts?

Unless you have a reason to favor front squats I would do them after deadlift rather than before. And 3x3 will only work for so long. Eventually you will need to do 5x3, or even 8x3, if you plan to do triples. Then again, since you’re doing squat work on the other days it might keep moving along just fine that way.

Neck? Why neck? You mean traps? If you want to get a big yoke the best thing you can do is get brutally strong at the big movements, especially deadlifts. It will build your traps and make your neck thicker over time. If you really want an extra kickstart to traps then do power cleans, hang cleans, hang snatches, etc. It’s like speed work for the deadlift, way more useful and will build your traps too. That’s how I built my neck to the point that I damn near have sleep apnea now haha.

By neck I mean the neck harness, it really helped for me.

Fair enough, but helped with what though? What are you aiming to accomplish? Neck strength? Size?

I used to get neck pain but the neck harness cured it completely, also its great for strengthening the neck as well as adding some thickness.