How is this for a T-Dawg diet?

I have been doing the T-Dawg Diet 2.0 for a week now. I like it so far. I would like to post my diet to see if anyone has any comments/suggestions.

Stats-
Age 22 (Happy Birthday to me!)
Height 5’10"
Weight 176 (As of this morning)
BF- I have no clue. I’ll post a pic.

Meal #1
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
Protein Shake
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Multivitamin
5 grams Glutamine

Meal #2 (Pre-Workout)
1 Can Tuna
1/4 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
1 Tbsp Light Mayo
2 tsp Olive Oil

Meal #4 (Post-Workout Shake)
Protein Powder
25 grams Maltodextrin
25 grams Dextrose
10 grams Creatine
5 grams Glutamine

Meal #5
8 oz. 7% Fat Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Fat-Free Cheddar

Meal #6
4 Chicken Tenderloins
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables
1 oz. Roasted Peanuts

Meal #7
Protein Shake
1 Tbsp Flax Oil

Totals- (After subtracting fiber)
Cals- 2365 F- 84g C- 105 P- 306

What do you all think? Maybe a bit high on the Protein? Little low on the fats?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, less fat more protein. Subtract about 400 calories away from your fat to get an extra 100g of protein.

looks pretty good to me. if your concerned about not having enough fat just mix in a steak instead of the tuna or whatever. how many grams of carbs are in the rice? i thought your total carbs would come out a little higher than the #'s you have down. perhaps you could add some of those carbs from the rice to post workout rather than pre. other than that looks pretty good. very similiar to what im doing.

I would add more fruits/vegetables (greens) to your diet. Also, a lot of your protein comes from shakes…see how that works for a while, but also try substituting real protein (fish, meet, chicken, eggs, etc) for the shakes (ie - at breakfast time)

I use the shake at Breakfast time for convenience. Usually on the weekends I’ll make some eggs and have 1/2 a serving of my shake.

Steak? Yeah, that’s a good idea other than I don’t eat steak. I’m an odd one. Just never liked the taste of it.

I’m fairly sure that my carbs count for the rice is correct. Remember, it is a 1/4 cup of cooked rice, not a 1/4 cup of uncooked.

1. I’d subtract olive oil from one of your meals and add fish oil.

2. I distinctly remember Berardi (and maybe C. Shugart also) saying that peanuts aren’t the best fat source due to its fat content or whatever. (i can’t remember exactly what it was) He recommends other nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, etc. over peanuts.

3. For your pre-workout meal, it’s recommended that you do not eat carb (rather eat protein and fat). For yoru post-workout meal (after you have your shake), it should contain carb. John Berardi explained it very well in several of his articles, so I’d search for them and read them.

4. FYI – JB recommends that you do not mix fat and carb in one meal. Some people follow the advice and some don’t, and it’s really up to you what you want to do.

Good luck!

I would agree with T-pup that you could get more vege into your diet. i have found that getting pretty much all of my “non Post workout” carbs from mixed veges keeps me going (ie keepsme full) all day, week after week. I also try to employ the massive eating guidelines into this diet aswell (ie P+C or P+F meals). 300g of protein looks heaps to me for your body size, plus the fat give you a bit of leeway (sp) with your diet so you can eat some nicer meats or have some dressings on your veges etc as long as you are happy with the total cals you will be consuming. looks fine

Cool, thanks guys for the great advice!

Ok, I’ll pick up some fish oil.

Yeah, I’m going to pick up mixed nuts today.

Protein is rather high. I should be getting about 265g of Protein as opposed to over 300grams. I’m still working on that.

No carbs before workout? Hmm, I’ll try it and see how I feel.

Thanks!

And dump the glutamine. See the articles at T-mag by David Barr if you don’t know why.

Stella, Berardi reccomends not choosing peanuts, becasue a larger percentage of the population is more allergic to them rather than other nuts, therefore he doesnt reccomend them 'cause he doesnt think that there is some downside to eating them even if youre not allergic to them…just for the record, I eat my peanuts to excess haahah…

Antny - thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile:

Stella who’s also NOT allergic to peanuts but doesn’t eat them cuz she prefers walnuts, almonds, and cashews :slight_smile:

Ahh, so if you are not allergic to peanuts then it is okay to eat them?

And to whoever replied about ditching the glutamine. The article itself stated-

“The other time that glutamine supplementation may be beneficial to bodybuilders is when on a low carbohydrate diet. Glutamine can not only be converted to glucose, but may also have an anapleurotic effect.(5) In other words, it may replenish metabolic intermediates, in this case, ATP (especially important when you’re lacking carbs). This is another article unto itself, so I’ll leave it at that for now.”

Since I am on a low-carb diet I will keep the glutamine for now. I’ll re-think it once I start bulking again. Thanks for the insight though! I had no idea!