How Is This Diet?

Weight: 175

What is the best type of milk for a lean meat/green veggie diet? When should it be drank?

Should I be eating more simple carbs in the morning?

Should I take a multi since I’m going to be limited on my variety?

Would it be a good decision to eat two chicken breasts per meal(they are pretty thin) and limit my broccoli to half what it was before?

Am I using too much olive oil? I apply it almost as generously as I would a really fat salad dressing. Which isn’t very generous for salad dressing, but I think it might be for olive oil.

Should I take my BCAA’s inbetween meals as I do now, or with them?

Meal 1:
Egg Omlette w/ Broccoli, Peppers,
Oatmeal
2 Flameout

BCAA’s

Meal 2:
Chicken Breast(they are a little thin for chicken breasts)
2 Cups Broccoli
1 Apple
Olive Oil

Meal 3
2 Cups Broccoli
1 Carrot
Olive Oil
2 Flameout

BCAA’s

Meal 3
2 Cups Broccoli
1 Carrot
Olive Oil

Meal 4:
Pre-Workout 1/2 Surge, BCAA’s

Workout Sip on 1/2 Surge

BCAA’s

Meal 5:
Metabolic Drive & Sipped Simple Carbs

Meal 6:
Chicken Breast on White Rice

Meal 7:
Chicken Breast on Brown Rice

BCAA’s & ZMA

Didn’t you just post this on another thread or am I going crazy?

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1742340

Here?

thats a lot of chicken breasts.

Sorry to budge in, but is Broccoli much better than veggies like tomatoes and cucumber?

Yes, the bodybuilding crowd was not exactly helpful so I posted it here.

I just bought some almond milk, which is pretty good and has good macros.

amount of carbs is very individual. I lean towards very low carb diets. I also don’t mix large amounts of fats with large amounts of carbs. If you’ve always been real lean, though, it shouldn’t be a problem unless you see yourself getting fat fast. Also, only use simple carbs for cheats or post workout.

Some people swear by the multi. Another thing you might want to try for a little while. Getting blood work done would tell you if you have any deficiencies or not.

You buy a scale and get into the habit of weighing things for a while until you get good at gauging how much 4 oz. of chicken is and such.

As for olive oil, that’s really up to you. If you’re gaining weight without gaining significant amounts of fat over short periods of time, you should be fine.

I’m not real sure about the timing on BCAA’s, but you’d really maximize the anti catabolic benefits if you took them upon waking.

Also, on a side note, I’d eat some kind of meat besides just chicken to get some amino variety in there. Maybe some fish or beef?

[quote]WildShoe wrote:
Weight: 175

What is the best type of milk for a lean meat/green veggie diet? When should it be drank?

Should I be eating more simple carbs in the morning?

Should I take a multi since I’m going to be limited on my variety?

Would it be a good decision to eat two chicken breasts per meal(they are pretty thin) and limit my broccoli to half what it was before?

Am I using too much olive oil? I apply it almost as generously as I would a really fat salad dressing. Which isn’t very generous for salad dressing, but I think it might be for olive oil.

Should I take my BCAA’s inbetween meals as I do now, or with them?
[/quote]

1. Whatever milk you like
  2. If it was me I’d be having the protein and rice meals in the early part of the day and protein vegetables meals later.
  3. Yes that’s fine, but why only a few sources of food to begin with?
  4. Protein is good for you, and it’s not like broccoli is high calories, eat more chicken(or please work some red meat in there) and keep eating the veggies
  5. It’s impossible for us to tell if you are using too much, it’s a healthy fat source so there isn’t much problem using it on food
  6. I would be taking BCAAs around my workout primarily because if you are eating often you shouldn’t necessarily need them between meals.

Eat some steak.