How is My Routine?

A:back and biceps
back:deadlift 3x12,10,8,machine lateral pulldown 3x12,10,8,machine high row3x12,10,8
biceps:biceps curls with ez bar 3x12,10,8,rope cable cur 3x12,10,8,dumbell curls 3x12,10,8

B:chest and triceps
chest:incline bench press 3x12,10,8,bench press 3x12,10,8,decline bench press 3x12,10,8
triceps:french press 3x12,10,8,behind the head triceps extension 3x12,10,8

c:legs and shoulders
legs:squat3x12,10,8, leg curls 3x12,10,8,leg extensions 3x12,10,8
shoulders:seated military press 3x12,10,8,shoulders lateral raises 3x12,10,8,shoulder dumbbell raises 3x12,10,8

can you critique my routine please?

What’s your age, height, weight, general bodyfat, and goal?

Back/biceps-chest/shoulders/triceps-legs is a very classic split. Your version, throwing legs and shoulders together, is basically a bastardization that you don’t see too often, mainly because in increases the total weekly work for the shoulders and tris (since shoulders get a little work on chest day and tris get a little work on shoulder day) and because a hard leg session often leaves you half-assing whatever else you do in that workout.

[quote]eli10012 wrote:
A:back and biceps
back:deadlift 3x12,10,8,machine lateral pulldown 3x12,10,8,machine high row3x12,10,8
biceps:biceps curls with ez bar 3x12,10,8,rope cable cur 3x12,10,8,dumbell curls 3x12,10,8[/quote]
I’m 90% sure you don’t need to be doing three different kinds of curls. One, maybe two, should be plenty.

Also, deadlifts work “best” for most people when the reps are kept under 5 or so. Working them in an 8-12 range is brutal and almost more advanced.

Quick note: “lat pulldown” isn’t short for lateral pulldown. It’s lat as in the latissimus muscle that you’re working with lat pulldowns.

[quote]B:chest and triceps
chest:incline bench press 3x12,10,8,bench press 3x12,10,8,decline bench press 3x12,10,8
triceps:french press 3x12,10,8,behind the head triceps extension 3x12,10,8[/quote]
I’m 85% sure you don’t need incline presses and flat presses and decline presses in the same workout. If you’re going to work different angles, consider working them in different rep ranges and/or using a barbell for one and dumbbells for another. Throwing in a few sets of flyes wouldn’t kill you.

Do you mean a lying french press, like on a flat bench? Otherwise I’m wondering if you’re doing basically the same two exercises for tris. There are three basic “ways” to train triceps. With the arms overhead (like an overhead extension), with the arms perpendicular to the body (like a lying french press or close-grip bench), and with the arms alongside the body (like a kickback or pressdown). Try including at least one or two types of those movements when hitting the tris.

[quote]c:legs and shoulders
legs:squat3x12,10,8, leg curls 3x12,10,8,leg extensions 3x12,10,8
shoulders:seated military press 3x12,10,8,shoulders lateral raises 3x12,10,8,shoulder dumbbell raises 3x12,10,8[/quote]
The leg work is super basic. Not terrible and not spectacular. But… calves?

By “shoulder dumbbell raise”, do you mean like a front raise or a dumbbell press? If it’s a front raise, I wouldn’t really bother. They’re not what I’d consider an “important” exercise. If you mean dumbbell press, then there’s no solid reason to have two similar kinds of pressing in a session. I’d make it something for rear delts - reverse pec-deck, bent over dumbbell flye, face pull, etc.

Another general comment, I wouldn’t be doing every single thing for 3x12,10,8. A little more variety like working heavier/lower rep on the biggest exercises and possibly some more volume/more sets on a few specific exercises would be a good call.

All in all, I’d give you a 6.5 out of 10. You could probably do it as-is and see some progress, but a couple of tweaks would yield a much better overall plan (depending, of course, on your goals which you didn’t mention yet).