How is My Friend's Workout Plan?

Workout looks fine. It looks like A LOT of volume, but if it gets your friend motivated it’ll work granted that he eats A LOT and recovers from it. Looks like a leg workout I’d only do 1x a week though.

Part of this journey is learning, experimenting and failing. He’ll learn soon enough if its good or bad for him.

But personally after the deadlifts I don’t think he’s going to want to do much else.

If I were your friend I’d rather do:

Back Squat - 4x4-6
Front Squat - 4x6-8
RDL - 4x8-10
Lunges - 4x10-12
Leg Curls - 4x10-12
Abs
And get out of the gym.

Goes back to testing vs training.

I’ve never seen a guy with a 405 squat with skinny legs. I mean granted the person that can do 405x20 @ 225lbs vs the guy thats 156lbs that can do 405 for sets of 3 legs are going to look different, but neither of them are going to have skinny legs that’s for sure!

1 Like

Q: How is My Friend’s Workout Plan?

A: 244449_2

Sorry, too easy. Like everyone’s saying, the routine looks like something a beginner would come up with.

If he weighs 130 and benches 135x4 on July 10 and then weighs 145 and benches 135x14 on August 28, will his chest, shoulders, and triceps have grown?

1 Like

Iol

That’s way too much work. Say goodbye to your or your friends shoulders. You need WAY more back work.

Just pick a program from a reputable coach or this site and get after it.

Nutty these aren’t mine nor will I ever use em. My friends sent them in a group chat.

Why does everyone think these are mine…

Why are you sharing these here? Why not share 5/3/1 links with him?

Yeah, he says that he’ll check them out, so whys he still sending you stuff?

Nobody actually cares about any of that crap. They should only do this stuff because the alternative is not doing anything, or something even dumber, which is to say that we don’t need updates on how dumb your friends are.

We already know. Many of us were once your friend, and managed to live through our own learning curves.

I’ll be honest though that back against the wall thing was funny. We used to do that with our super strict curling contests!

2 Likes

Trifectas? What about win and place?

you really should stop with the memes.

and the workouts you’ve posted are dumb. Doesn’t matter who’s doing them. You, your friend, me, whoever. They aren’t good. And nobody should take the time to ‘fix’ them, when there are so many quality programs already out there that your friend can run.

3 Likes

I never asked for anyone to fix them

I was asking if they should do a proven program. Cause I personally thought they were dumb from instinct and experience but I couldn’t prove why.

Yeah, so why ask multiple times in the same thread about it? It’s not like our opinion would change because one’s on paper and ones on notes haha

So there’s this other friend. We’ll call him A. He says he wants to build muscle ok. He’s already on a routine which involves 3x10 bench and like burpees that’s it. I advise him to go on a proven program. His diet is good he eats pb and j and supplements. The good stuff basically. I share my experience from going on a proven program and eating. Simple as 1,2,3 my lifts skyrocketed and I gained mass. Better than creating a crappy ppl sophomore year and only reaching a 155 bench lol. I told him this the beginning of the week. I asked him today. He’s gonna work arms again. All his workouts are arms. He even asked me if he should workout arms again after doing it 4 times in a row. He is yet to start the program nor watch the form videos I sent him for every movement. The straight path is right there! Like take it. Why would you take the crooked behind path. Seriously easy noob gains right there.

Lol finally convinced him cause I sent him a large wall of text.

This is not a good diet.

3 Likes
  1. Should this not be friend B?

2. You have no idea what you are doing. Why are you advising anyone?

2 Likes

I’m just telling him what worked for me. Novice program then eating. Idk anything after that. Is that fair enough