How is My BF% This High?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
300andabove wrote:
Wheres the rest of the food ?

No shit.

If I ate like that, i’d be one miserable prick and gnawing off my co-workers arms.

That’s a half day’s worth of food.[/quote]

It’s 3,200 calories actually. I used to throw in a couple protein shakes too, but I don’t have money for that right now.

I will say money is an issue at this point. I have cut every single superfluous expense from my budget (No t.v., etc) and can only afford to spend 50/week on food.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
well that was like a typical day…lemme post a whole weeks. Again, the overall intake for protein/carbs/fat is as stated in the OP.

[/quote]

Hey mate,

you should really be reading some of the articles on this site (like massive eating etc.) but here are some things you should be doing that you are not doing:

1. 3 meals a day? Try to shoot for 6 or 5 at least.

2. Cut starchy carbs like pasta and bread (yes even if it is whole wheat), and especially don’t eat them late during the day.

3. A lot of your meals are lacking protein… you should be eating adequate protein with all of your meals, whether you are trying to gain muscle or lose fat.

4. Like someone said earlier don’t be afraid of fat. Get saturated, mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats in equal amounts roughly.

5. These should really be cheat meals: pb&j sandwiches, tortelini, pasta, OJ, … you get the idea.

Anyways, like I said, that’s just a short rundown. Read more articles!!!

Cheers,
Alex.

My only input would be to eat some veggies. Out of 7 days the only vegetables u list are in a “tuna” grinder one day of the week. Veggies are cheap, healthy, and you can eat them by them selves or mix em up in your spaghetti.

[quote]vendall wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:
well that was like a typical day…lemme post a whole weeks. Again, the overall intake for protein/carbs/fat is as stated in the OP.

Hey mate,

you should really be reading some of the articles on this site (like massive eating etc.) but here are some things you should be doing that you are not doing:

1. 3 meals a day? Try to shoot for 6 or 5 at least.

2. Cut starchy carbs like pasta and bread (yes even if it is whole wheat), and especially don’t eat them late during the day.

3. A lot of your meals are lacking protein… you should be eating adequate protein with all of your meals, whether you are trying to gain muscle or lose fat.

4. Like someone said earlier don’t be afraid of fat. Get saturated, mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats in equal amounts roughly.

5. These should really be cheat meals: pb&j sandwiches, tortelini, pasta, OJ, … you get the idea.

Anyways, like I said, that’s just a short rundown. Read more articles!!!

Cheers,
Alex.
[/quote]

Thanks,

I will say that the lunch is really two meals. I do a sandwhich, a piece of fruit, then a while later the other sandwhich and a piece of fruit. Sometimes I even just do half sandwhich increments. Dinner is pasta, then dinner 2 is the steak.

oh also, if I cut out the pasta & bread wtf do I eat for lunch & post workout? I have to replace the calories somehow.

If you want to drop bf, I would drop all carbs except fruit for the first 3 meals of the day, and have veggies at least the last 2-3 three.

Up your protein and fat to make up for the fewer carbs.

Get some fish and olive oil to increase your fats. Some raw nuts would be good also.

Drop the beef unless it is 100% grass fed.

I would either use Surge for pwo or just some Grow! whey and grape juice.

Eat at least 5 meals on non training days and 6, with your pwo, on non.

I would start at ~2,700 cals for two weeks and then get your bf tested again by the same person. I would not use the scales or electromag junk to test your bf. Calipers are good as long as the person has exp with them.

If you follow this please PM me your results, because well results are all that matter.

Bill

If you want to drop bf, I would drop all carbs except fruit for the first 3 meals of the day, and have veggies at least the last 2-3 three.

Up your protein and fat to make up for the fewer carbs.

Get some fish and olive oil to increase your fats. Some raw nuts would be good also.

Drop the beef unless it is 100% grass fed.

I would either use Surge for pwo or just some Grow! whey and grape juice.

Eat at least 5 meals on non training days and 6, with your pwo, on non.

I would start at ~2,700 cals for two weeks and then get your bf tested again by the same person. I would not use the scales or electromag junk to test your bf. Calipers are good as long as the person has exp with them.

If you follow this please PM me your results, because well results are all that matter.

Bill

Not trying to bust balls, but don’t you drink a lot?

That could be part of the problem.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

That could be part of the problem. [/quote]

x2

When I read his weekly food intake I wondered if he forgot that alcohol does have calories.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

That could be part of the problem.

x2

When I read his weekly food intake I wondered if he forgot that alcohol does have calories.[/quote]

haha fair enough. I actually stopped drinking after my Halloween debacle. I’ve honestly had maybe 3 beers and 3 rum & cokes total in the last 9 weeks

alright, besides the get shredded diet, can someone point me towards articles on good nutritional plans…

like should I be eating berries for breakfast, chicken patties at lunch, etc. I’m apparently clueless with this stuff.

Follow the 7 rules.

Watch as your body changes.

Send cheque to JB and the other one to me.

And incase you miss the link to the 7 rules:

Really how people cant get big or lose bodyfat is quite astounding given the high level of information found on this site.

[quote]300andabove wrote:
And incase you miss the link to the 7 rules:

Really how people cant get big or lose bodyfat is quite astounding given the high level of information found on this site.[/quote]

x 2 this site since i found it has helped me heaps.
Im on this site most of my work week in between clients, so for you to be asking this , to me is weak.

Eggs eggs n more eggs cheap cheap cheap, id spend half your food money on eggs n the rest on fruit n veges, but thats me.

best of luck man, the mirror should tell you it all

great links man!

also, opinions on Peanutbutter? Bad if I’m trying to cut? I don’t mean in excess, just like for a source of good fats?

It’s decent for fat… yes… but you’re gunna have to eat more frequently… to keep the metabolism high… 3 squares a day won’t cut it…

Cheapest way i used to do it in between meals was:

1/2 Tub Cottage Cheese (Casien Protein)

3 Tablespoons Natty Peanut Butter (Good Fats)

Easiest way of doing it and cheap too, just have to get used to the CC texture :smiley:

AccipiterQ:

Above all-- stop running on broken treadmills. :wink:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
AccipiterQ:

Above all-- stop running on broken treadmills. ;)[/quote]

Hehehehehehe :slight_smile:

[quote]300andabove wrote:
Cheapest way i used to do it in between meals was:

1/2 Tub Cottage Cheese (Casien Protein)

3 Tablespoons Natty Peanut Butter (Good Fats)

Easiest way of doing it and cheap too, just have to get used to the CC texture :D[/quote]

Yeah I don’t mind CC so much, I think it’s interesting. It’s dirt cheap too!