How In-Shape For A 20k?

i know theres plenty of runners out there on this site. i have a bet with my parents that i can run a 20k without walking. im oviously gonna aim for a very slow pace to keep myself from failing.

its in 6 weeks and im not going to train for it because i know it will hurt my lifting. im 6 foot 222 pounds and in somewhat decent shape i think. i can probly run a 7;00 min mile. i dont really run, i use to do some cardio a few years back.

the question is. in my shape would i be able to complete a 20k without walking?

it is very possible it do. runners world has some programs for beginers. i trained to run 8 miles then let my willpower and the crowd to pump me up for last 5.1 miles. 20k is a half marathon. I’m about 216 lbs. just dont train too much on hills because it causes to much strain on the knees

If you do absolutely no running at all, I see virtually no way you’re going to up and run 13 miles with no training. That’s at least 90 minutes of non-stop running.

Maybe if you’re being chased by wild dogs.

I once agreed to run a 10k and for some reason they marked the points in miles and I had mistakenly thought that 2.2 km equaled a mile(I now know that I confused the kg-lbs conversion) and was thinking the run was only 4.5 miles so I took off at a pretty decent pace and when I hit the 4 mile marker I gave it my last kick…needless to say that I was wondering what the hell was going on by the time I hit 5 miles and was nearly dead by the 6 mile marker…fucking metric system,

for future reference, 10k=6.25 miles

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
i know theres plenty of runners out there on this site. i have a bet with my parents that i can run a 20k without walking. im oviously gonna aim for a very slow pace to keep myself from failing.

its in 6 weeks and im not going to train for it because i know it will hurt my lifting. im 6 foot 222 pounds and in somewhat decent shape i think. i can probly run a 7;00 min mile. i dont really run, i use to do some cardio a few years back.

the question is. in my shape would i be able to complete a 20k without walking?[/quote]

I hope you didn’t bet alot of money because it isn’t going to happen. You say you run a 7 minute mile? could you run a 7 minute mile 13 times in a row? I don’t think so. Without training, it’s not going to happen. I’d say you could run maybe 12 minute repeats, so you’re looking at about 2 and a half hours of nonstop running.