How Important is Your SO's Physique?

I have similar opinions to Nate Dogg’s and jsbrooks’…

Ultimately, the woman I’ll settle down with (dont know for sure that’ll happen, but if it does) i want/need her to be someone who takes care of herself. This is for several reasons…

She might look alright when she’s young, even without paying attention to her body, but when she gets older, it’ll creep up on her… I need someone who’ll stay fit, because that’s what I plan on doing also…

Also, I want my children to look up to both of their parents. if the mother leads an active lifestyle also, chances are the kids will adopt that too. Plus i want my kids to be athletic:)

I’m not asking for nothing i dont demand of myself. Actually, i dont demand as much from others as I do from myself, but at least we have to be going in the same direction…

It might seem like I want someone flawless, but that’s not the case. In my opinion, a perfect woman is not flawless… she has to have some imperfections… but the right ones…

If it’s just a gf who i dont see myself being with forever, i wont set such high standards, but, eventually, I’ll get bored of her.

I kinda like big asses (not fat) but it’s kind of hard to have that without having a little excess… unless she’s a sprinter or such:)

one night stands, the standards are a bit lower…

Basically, I’d want someone with a good base, with a desire for all-around self-improvement, not just physically, but mentally, and socially, then i’m happy…

I think I’d have to be at least slightly physically attracted to someone to be anything more then simply friends. But that said, my girlfriend doesn’t, and will probably never go to a gym, or even take advice from me about lifting heavy.

She’s still sexy as hell, and easily my best friend [which ups the appeal in my books], but at most will sometimes do some kick boxing on my heavy bag if she comes around while I’m hitting the iron. At the end of the day - I’ll take a sense of humour and a pretty smile over a set of Abs, any damn day.

The first question I ask myself whilst looking around the 'ole gym is “what is their committment level?” Any female I’d take interest in has to be a “lifer.” I don’t believe it’s shallow, looking and being attracted to people with similar goals and attitudes towards health and fitness. That being said, today’s powerful image is my flavor. So muscluar guys are yours. Bravo. People change and tastes change. Eventually, you’ll grab some manly muscle and make him yours. Just don’t feel guilty.

This is a great topic. My problem is that when we started dating, my wife and I were well matched. We were interested in being healthier, but neither of us was a fitness buff of any kind.

Then over the last 4 years I slowly become a gym rat, drop 100 pounds of fat, start competing in 5ks, triathalons, distance bike races, etc. I’ve become a totaly different person because of this.

So I’ve become a different person, and my standards of things like physique have changed. That doesn’t mean I need her to be perfect or anything, cause I’m nowhere near ripped and may never be. But it kinda bugs me that I can wear her jeans now, and I’m a foot taller than her.

I’m still mentally in love wither her as much as I ever was, but the physical attraction part has changed, and I’m unsure what to do about it.

It just sucks to not be on the same level anymore, y’know?

if you want to see what your current partner looks like with an extra 20 lbs of jiggle

Marry them :frowning:

You’re so shallow you should love me even if I was 350lbs etc…lol

My wife once asked me…

“Would you still love me if I got fat?”

I replied…

"Yes, but I would’nt have sex with you.

I think that sums up my view.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
My wife once asked me…

I replied…

I think that sums up my view.[/quote]

That’s awesome. And a good way to not get any for a few days.LOL

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I have very high standards for myself, but I don’t do the same for others…at least not initially. Meaning, I’m okay with someone with an average body or a few extra pounds as long as she has a pretty face, great personality and we get along very well.

However, over time, I will lose interest in them if they don’t change their habits/physique to improve themselves. And I can not stay in a long-term relationship with someone who does not strive to make themselves better or who doesn’t take good care of themselves and is not interested in eating right and working out.[/quote]

I’m the same way. At first there is no problem. But over time I start to feel that they don’t have the same commitment to health/fitness and being on the same page there is important.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
My wife once asked me…

I replied…

I think that sums up my view.[/quote]

Dude, that is way funny!

Also, stop pointing at everyone it’s annoying!

About the pointing thing… Someone once told me when you point at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you. I know it’s fucking stupid but I had to say it.

About the whole fat discussion here, well I like 'em plump, so that’s not a factor for me. Plus they keep me nice and warm in this cold Montreal weather eh! eh! eh!
take care,
tin can

[quote]asianbabe wrote:
But I can’t help but drool over the guys I see at the gym. If I wasn’t in a committed relationship, I would seriously become a lot more slutty. [/quote]

Asianbabe, that made me laugh.

I was thinking about this and it is sort of two separate catagories.

On one hand, there is strictly what I find visually attractive. That ideal has definetely changed, for me, the bigger the better. Now I like thick muscular men, the kind that look like you would be trapped for certain if they fell on you. Or really fuck someone up if they mess with you. That’s hot. Like Freak or Caveman are physical perfection in my opinion.

But as far as reality and a relationship, I’m more concerned with health than appearance. I can’t imagine being with someone at this point who doesn’t have some level of consciousness about their health. I also don’t want someone else’s bad habits encroaching on me. I don’t want to have to have talk about or endlessly explain or justify my habits.

I suppose it’s partly common interest too, someone who really enjoys bingeing at Olive Garden and staying in bed all weekend won’t have much fun with me.

And this is really lame and I feel like a jerk, but men who lift less than I do, or lift poorly, turn me off a little. I mean, they could still close, it’s just something that, I don’t know I just notice it.