How Important are Warm-up Sets?

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
To be honest it hasn’t been 5 years consecutively and I’ve only had a good grasp on how to lift for about 2 years. I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball. I bulk because I know I need mass to minimize limitations on my strength program. I cut so I can stay lean and quick on my feet. I also don’t want too much mass because my lady, and most ladies, aren’t that turned on by it. But seriously, I don’t know if it’s my genes or terribly long limbs or what, people ask me if I use steroids often. I am very large.[/quote]

lol

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball.[/quote]

Uh oh… I see trouble a’brewin’

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball.

Uh oh… I see trouble a’brewin’ [/quote]

I don’t. There has been enough douchebaggery lately and I’m sure everyone here is tired of it. I don’t think anyone will start up with this nonsense.

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball.

Uh oh… I see trouble a’brewin’ [/quote]

Yep. Time to let this one die.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
kylec72 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

Uh oh… I see trouble a’brewin’

I don’t. There has been enough douchebaggery lately and I’m sure everyone here is tired of it. I don’t think anyone will start up with this nonsense.[/quote]

Way to keep things in check. :slight_smile:

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
To be honest it hasn’t been 5 years consecutively and I’ve only had a good grasp on how to lift for about 2 years. I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball. I bulk because I know I need mass to minimize limitations on my strength program. I cut so I can stay lean and quick on my feet. I also don’t want too much mass because my lady, and most ladies, aren’t that turned on by it. But seriously, I don’t know if it’s my genes or terribly long limbs or what, people ask me if I use steroids often. I am very large.[/quote]

Functional strength : check
Lifts for the ladies : check
Cuts to stay quick : check
Accused of steroid use : check

You’re the man now dawwgggg

BTW I bat leadoff for my team and run a sub 4.9 40 (I don’t claim to be an elite athlete by any stretch of the imagination). But have fun with the functional strength

And if you are going to throw the “people ask me about steroids” schtick you better post a pic.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
To be honest it hasn’t been 5 years consecutively and I’ve only had a good grasp on how to lift for about 2 years. I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball. I bulk because I know I need mass to minimize limitations on my strength program. I cut so I can stay lean and quick on my feet. I also don’t want too much mass because my lady, and most ladies, aren’t that turned on by it. But seriously, I don’t know if it’s my genes or terribly long limbs or what, people ask me if I use steroids often. I am very large.

BTW I bat leadoff for my team and run a sub 4.9 40 (I don’t claim to be an elite athlete by any stretch of the imagination). But have fun with the functional strength

And if you are going to throw the “people ask me about steroids” schtick you better post a pic.

[/quote]

Don’t do it, man. We don’t need this, lol.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
So there’s no difference in functional strength and doing little poses like a homo in speedo’s? Ohhhhhhhhhh, okay.[/quote]

Leave now.

It’s in your best interest.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
To be honest it hasn’t been 5 years consecutively and I’ve only had a good grasp on how to lift for about 2 years. I strive for funtional strength that can be converted to power, mainly for martial arts and baseball. I bulk because I know I need mass to minimize limitations on my strength program. I cut so I can stay lean and quick on my feet. I also don’t want too much mass because my lady, and most ladies, aren’t that turned on by it. But seriously, I don’t know if it’s my genes or terribly long limbs or what, people ask me if I use steroids often. I am very large.

Don’t do it, man. We don’t need this, lol.[/quote]

I know I know. I have no interest in this argument. But this is guy is a tool. Just like the rest oh well whatever

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

Don’t do it, man. We don’t need this, lol.

I know I know. I have no interest in this argument. But this is guy is a tool. Just like the rest oh well whatever [/quote]

Agreed on all counts.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
So there’s no difference in functional strength and doing little poses like a homo in speedo’s? Ohhhhhhhhhh, okay.

Leave now.

[/quote]

Why dawwwwgg? Should I be afraid? Yer a good batter?

This place is full of asshole elitists who are always looking for something to rip on in every (seemingly in this case) innocent question. There’s another whole thread about the assholism that is specific to this forum, thought I’d see what happened.

T-Nation is a nice little place for the asshole high school jocks to come and rip on people since now you’ll all get your asses kicked if you do it in the real world with your big slow muscles. Its fun to stuff my fingers in the chip on your shoulders, you react like spoiled 5 year olds, very entertaining.

Farewell meatheads.

A warm up will have up lifting heavier and will reduce the risk of injury by miles. I cant believe you dont warm up!

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
So there’s no difference in functional strength and doing little poses like a homo in speedo’s? Ohhhhhhhhhh, okay.

Leave now.

Why dawwwwgg? Should I be afraid?
Farewell meatheads.[/quote]

Not at all. It is literally in your best interest to post in a different forum.

Your response shows the depth of your ignorance.

You are asking questions in the Bodybuilding forum when you have no interest in bodybuilding.

Go to the strength forum and bash BBers all you want. Seriously, no one here would lose a wink of sleep over it.

Congrats on having the mental capacity and lfiting stats of a 17 year old.

Seriously what is this “Functional Strength” How can i get this mysterious “Functionality” added to my strength?

Is it troll season already again?

Well this thread turned ugly… and quickly

Actually I thought right at the end it was just getting amusing