How Important Are Solid Foods?

yeah milk has some sugar, i dont eat other stuff with a lot of sugar though, i really dont have a taste for it.

2 gallons of milk a day

and you drink 5 doz eggs?

are you trying to impress people?

I suppose a good question to ask is how ‘solid’ does this food have to be? No one is swallowing hunks of chicken or beef whole; we chew our food. If you chew enough, it seems pretty liquid to me. I’ve had protein shakes thicker than ‘solid’ foods if I’m in a chewin’ mood.

touche, most foods are already pretty broken down by the time they get to our stomachs anyway. so maybe its not that big of a deal?

i also dont eat 5 dozens eggs and drink 2 gallons of milk in the same day…but maybe i should start. itd only cost me $20 bucks a day to live. and id get like 11-12,000 calories.

it would boil down to 6 meals a day of 6 cups of milk and 10 eggs per meal.

1 egg = 60 cals, ~6 grams of protein
1 cups of milk = 150 cals, 8 grams of protein

60 eggs x 60 cals = 3,600 cals

32 cups milks x 150 cals = 4,800 cals

60 eggs x 7 grams protein = 420 grams protein

32 cups x 8 grams protein = 256 grams protein

total cals = 8,400

total protein = 676

the only problem is a lack of fiber, if you took metamucil or some kind of binder you would be alright.

i think i should issue this challenge and see who can actually take in 5 dozen (non jumbo) raw eggs and 2 gallons of WHOLE milk in a day

lets see if i cant gain weight from 676 grams of protein lol.

[quote]Westclock wrote:

Just remember milk is a high % whey, which doesnt last long, solid proteins give your body a much more stable release of aminos. [/quote]

actually, milk protein is about 80% casein, 20% whey, so it stays around for w while.

to the OP: i would be careful drinking that much milk. i developed a lactose intolerance because of milk overconsumption. I used to drink milk every day no problem. then, in my junior year of high school I began drinking about a half gallon of milk every day. because of this, my system doesn’t tolerate it anymore and when i drink milk, especially on an empty stomach, i get terrible bloating, gas, and stomach aches. just sayin maybe you should ease up on the milk and look elsewhere for some of your calories, like a home made weight gainer.

i dont get stomach aches and i actually never get gas. i just have to piss a lot sometimes lol

Live, you go to the store every day for milk or something? Going through +/- a gallon of milk per day has me at walmart often enough as it is…though it would help if I had a bigger fridge.

PS for convenience, I would suggest you get a blender. Put a couple cups of milk in there, 3-4 eggs, some protein powder, and oil in there, then add flavor from there (fruit, peanut butter, cocoa, etc). Pretty cheap, super fast, tastes pretty good. Easy way to get 1000 or so calories down in 5 minutes.

good advice. i should mention i dont drink 2 gallons EVERY single day. if its a work day i usually have to bring a gallon w/ me because im a waiter and cant sit down and eat at my job, i cant sit for anything, actually. so i take a gallon with me and usually finish it off. some days i may only drink a gallon it all depends, but yea i go through between 1-2 a day on a typical day.

i think i need to start megadosing glucosamine and glutamine too. i swear to god its like everyday i get a random injury which is why i havent lifted since last friday and im just taking a week off. like for example, today i was walking at school and just randomly the left portion of my calf muscle gets strained and im limping around for the rest of the day lol. like what gives, come on.

and yeah i usually do go to the store once a day for milk and/or eggs. i live 2 blocks from a corner store so its not a big deal.

Ah well that would help. Though walmart’s only 10 minutes away for me, and I stocked up on milk, eggs, frozen fruit, yogurt and chicken today.