How I'm Eating

Hey I’m just wondering. If I eat around 8 meals a day (all clean), lots of protein, fruits, veggies, etc etc. you know the whole works. And obviosuly eating more than usual if I wanna get bigger and all. Do i have to read through all the nutrition articles? I eat this way and have ben for 2 years and it seems to be working great. I don’t think I need to read nutrition articles, only if it’s telling you other foods and stuff that are good for you to eat and all. I’ve read a lot of articles on nutrition on this site and all but I’m on a tight schedual and I try to focus my time as good as possible. So instead of reading articles on nutrition I rather read on training because I think I eat good and all. What do you think?

dl-

[quote]dl- wrote:
What do you think?

dl-[/quote]

I think there is way too much focus on reading the articles on this site instead of promoting everyone to take in knowledge from several sources. This site, while a great resource, is not the be all-end all of training knowledge.

Everyone does not agree with everything stated by every author here and while many topics may be covered, nothing can beat a solid basic understanding of nutrition, anatomy, physiology and biology that can come largely from most college level text books. In other words, yes, you need to increase your base of knowledge, but this site is not the ultimate dead end in that knowledge.

What do I think, well honestly I dont know. You gave zero information. You simply say you think you should concentrate on reading on training because you eat lots of good stuuf, 8 times a day. A lot is very relative and individaul. A lot to you may be but a snack to another.

Also I agree with some of what Pro. X said. as far as reading. This site is AWESOME. And can give you a Plethora of info. It has and I think will continue to be the best single soruce for new information. But information is just that, Information.

The trick is taking some of that and putting it to practice. Give it a good run to allow it o show what it can do and then evaluate what it did ion the real world on you. Then keep reading and try something new. Keeping waht works and tossing waht doesnt.

Hope that helps,
Phill

[quote]dl- wrote:
Hey I’m just wondering. If I eat around 8 meals a day (all clean), lots of protein, fruits, veggies, etc etc. you know the whole works. And obviosuly eating more than usual if I wanna get bigger and all. Do i have to read through all the nutrition articles? I eat this way and have ben for 2 years and it seems to be working great. I don’t think I need to read nutrition articles, only if it’s telling you other foods and stuff that are good for you to eat and all. I’ve read a lot of articles on nutrition on this site and all but I’m on a tight schedual and I try to focus my time as good as possible. So instead of reading articles on nutrition I rather read on training because I think I eat good and all. What do you think?

dl-[/quote]

You seem to be answering your own question. You ask whether you should read nutrition articles, yet you also state that you eat good, clean foods (that has been working great for you since the last 2 years.)

You finally state that you need to read about training since you think you eat good. What do you want us to think?

Well, seems like you already have a Plan Of Action.

So do it.

If you don’t want to, no one is going to make you. But in my opinion, learning new information about the way your body works can only be a good thing, as long as it’s accurate. You say that your diet is working for you; that’s great. Aren’t you at least a little curious about why/how it is working? That information might help you in the future.

…just my opinion…

I agree Prof.X. This actually isn’t my only site for training recoureces/articles. I read all articles from elitefts. deepsquater.com, and many many other authors for improving strength, athletic performance etc. There are also many other websites but too many to write off, but they are all in “My Favourites”.

dl-

Alright I was reading the metabolic diet. How eat high protein/high fat…on weekdays (low carbs). Then on weekdays load up like mad on carbs. I eat a lot of carbs and protein all the time. I love pasta and everything and when I eat it (i guess my body responds really well to it) because when I eat it, I feel incredibly full of energy. If I want to get bigger/gain more weight…(can’t now because of boxing so I’m focusing on strength) as soon as my boxing is done. (I’m laying off because I’m looking into MMA) I want to be 185lbs.

Will this take a lot of work/effort. Hell yes. Do I care?. NO. It’s up to me if I want things to happen for me and not bullshit excuses. So what I do is I eat a lot, for instance for breakfast everyday I eat 8 eggs, 5 whites, 3 whole, sometimes bacon, cheese, tomato, a banana, 2 slices whole wheat bread and 1Litre water. 2 hours later is my next meal. etc. etc. Now is it ALRIGHT if I eat like this?

People are telling me all these diets and shit, but I think if I eat a lot, often, carbs/fats/protein…all in balance and all I think this is fine?. When I gain weight too I stay lean too because of GPP and stuff cause I always make sure I’m in good condition. Is this wrong?

What are your thoughts on the way I’m thinking on how I’m eating? (which is basically eating protein/fat/carbs…ltos of it, often etc etc…Or would something like Massive Eating by John Berardi help? I usually do eat protein/carbs, and protein/fat meals anyways. But just what are your thoughts…If you have more questions please ask away. (or critism) its all good to me.

dl-

If your current diet is working for you, than there’s no reason to change it. However, if you’re not getting your desired results than switch it up and any of the diets you mentioned are good (ie: anabolic and massive eating). Give it a shot. There’s no way to tell what will work for you if you don’t try it. I feel like I’m repeating what most people say hear, but it’s the truth. Eat big; lift big.