How High Is the Square on a Backboard?

Hey folks,

does anyone in here know, how high the square on a regulation basketball backboard is? The rim should be 10 feet high, but what about the square (lower and higher corner)?

Thanks,
matrick

Try googling “how high is the square on a backboard”

You’d be AMAZED at the information out there on teh internet.

Also…didn’t you sever your foot a while back and need help figuring out what to do? How’d that heal up?

Okay ya lazy bastard…I did it for you…273 feet.

aw snap…that’s the height of the brooklyn bridge…hold on…

jesus…i got work to do…how’d i get involved with this clown’s question…

Okay Napoleon, this is from a site called Wikkipedia…

Height
At the professional level, most male players are above 1.90 meters (6 ft 3 in) and most women above 1.70 meters (5 ft 7 in). Guards, for whom physical coordination and ball-handling skills are crucial, tend to be the smallest players. Almost all forwards in the men’s pro leagues are 2 meters (6 ft 6 in) or taller. Most centers are over 2.1 meters (6 ft 10 in) tall. According to a survey given to all NBA teams, the average height of all NBA players is just under 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m), with the average weight being close to 222 lb (101 kg). The tallest players ever in the NBA were Manute Bol and Gheorghe Mure�?an, who were both 2.31 m (7 ft 7 in) tall. The tallest current NBA player is Yao Ming, who stands at 2.29 m (7 ft 6 in).

The shortest player ever to play in the NBA is Muggsy Bogues at 1.60 meters (5 ft 3 in). Other short players have thrived at the pro level. Anthony “Spud” Webb was just 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m) tall, but had a 42-inch (1.07 m) vertical leap, giving him significant height when jumping. The shortest player in the NBA as of the 06-07 season is Earl Boykins at 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m). While shorter players are often not very good at defending against shooting, their ability to navigate quickly through crowded areas of the court and steal the ball by reaching low are strengths.

Aww jesus…that’s the height of the players…fook !

I’m still looking bra…hold on…

Hey…did you know:

Native americans invented basketball?

Blacks are pretty good at playing it?

Teenage werewolfs can become real popular playing basketball?

White people get real upset that young black guys will actually…get this…drop out of college (!!!) in order to play professional basketball.

One like this ??

or more like this ? man there’s tons…I know you said ‘regulation’…but whose regulations? I got one set of regs, maybe the guy down the street from me don’t like. I say ‘fuck him’.

Okay…I’m seeing why you sought the help of us t-men…mutherfuckin’ internet don’t want us to know how high it is !

Do you own a regulation basketball hoop and a tape measure ?

Yuck…I just googled big rimmers…di’int have nothing about basketball…

�?� The inner square is marked above the rim in a rectangle of 24 inches wide and 18 inches high.

Is it safe to assume the bottom of the inner square is even with the rim? If so…the lower corner is 10 feet and the upper corner is 10 feet , 18 inches…or…11 feet, 6 inches…

�?� The line markings are white and 2 inches wide.

I take this to mean if you can reach the ‘inside’ of the lower corner you’re reaching 10 feet 2 inches. Inside of upper corner would be 11 feet 4 inches.

[quote]sen say wrote:
�?� The inner [i]square[/i] is marked above the rim in a [i]rectangle[/i] of 24 inches wide and 18 inches high.
[/quote]

Huh?

The square is not a square at all. You will need to rephrase your question.

As far as the NBA goes, Rule 1, Section B, Article 2 states:

“A transparent backboard shall be marked with a 2” white rectangle centered behind the ring. This rectangle shall have outside dimensions of 24" horizontally and 18" vertically."

Do math-type-stuff to figure out the height.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
As far as the NBA goes, Rule 1, Section B, Article 2 states:

“A transparent backboard shall be marked with a 2” white rectangle centered behind the ring. This rectangle shall have outside dimensions of 24" horizontally and 18" vertically."

Do math-type-stuff to figure out the height.[/quote]

Ok. So, 18^2 + 24^2 = 900 = 30^2, which means that the diagonal of the rectangle is 30". You should be able to calculate the height of the rectangle by making an arc from the lower left corner with a radius of the 30" calculated above.

DB

Stop clowning around. The OP posted a serious question so here is the simplest solution.

height= p(d)(g),
where p= weight of penny
d= distance
g= gravity

Toss a penny and hit the square of the backboard. Now measure the time it took for the penny to reach your hand again. Now weigh the penny. And you know that g= 9.8 m/s². There you go, just plug the numbers in the formula and you get your answer.

You didn’t think I was going to do all the work for you did you?

Invite some of your old friends to play a game of pick-up ball…tell them they have to wear suits…get mad when they won’t agree to this…post about your woes in a new thread…decide you’d rather see your friends in casual clothing than not at all…post pics of yourself getting dressed…

[quote]sen say wrote:
Invite some of your old friends to play a game of pick-up ball…tell them they have to wear suits…get mad when they won’t agree to this…post about your woes in a new thread…decide you’d rather see your friends in casual clothing than not at all…post pics of yourself getting dressed…[/quote]

I sense some underlying problems here. Is somebody upset about some issues still?

[quote]tedro wrote:

I sense some underlying problems here. Is somebody upset about some issues still?[/quote]

Absolutely not.