How has TRT Effected your Social Life

Hey guys!

I am attempting to get on TRT, but before I start I wanted to see if it had any effect on your social life? I currently have trouble communicating with people because it seems as if my brain lacks mental energy or stimulation and so I cannot concentrate well enough to think straight and hold a flowing and anxiety free conversation. And so because of this, I have found myself becoming more and more recluse, which I don’t like.

I was wondering if anyone on TRT had any improvements with their social life after starting treatment?

Also, if you have experienced it, I was wondering if you could explain what is meant when people say that they have more drive after staring TRT, like what has changed before and after that makes one feel this way, like is life more exciting or you have an increased well-being and want to be more active because of it?

Excited to hear any responses!!

-Nate

TRT can turn that around! The term is social withdrawal. It just reverses the problem. It does not change one’s personality type. Others speak of increased confidence in social situations.

One looses energy, initiative, libido, tolerance. That gets fixed. Doctors will interpret as depression and put guys on SSRI’s which kills what little is left of their sex lives.

Thanks for the response, that’s exciting to hear ! Yea, I feel I am a fun and outgoing person but lately I’ve just been not even feeling up for going out or hanging around people, I just feel too drained. Like tonight I could have went to a christmas party after a thing I was at, but just came home instead. It’s like I feel like what’s the point, I’m still gonna feel shitty after no matter if I go or not. Thanks again for the response !!

I’ve had anxiety issues for the past 15 years or so; been off and on ssri during this time. My anxiety really killed myself confidence and not just in social situations but in the ability to control my own actions. Actions like how I cope in uncomfortable situations; ie elevator, planes, heights, crowds, traffic and the list goes on. Last year I discovered my testosterone was low at 146.

I now keep my T levels at about 1100, and nothing really bothers me anymore. I’ve flow 8 time this past year without a hint of anxiety. I’m still not as sociable as I would like to be but I’m definitely a lot better. My attraction to women however has gone through the roof and I find myself talking to them more than I’m used too. One thing that I can do now is force myself to get out of my comfort zone and be more sociable when needed.

in short; I’m quite a bit more sociable especially with women.

Need to point out that other medical problems can have similar effects. When libido is higher, one’s sense of well being is better too. And vise versa. Note that hypothyroidism, even when minor, can create most of the same spectrum of symptoms of hypogonadism. And we do see that a lot of guys have both and then the effects would be compounded. Most guys who come hear are tunnel visioned on low T levels and ignoring the rest of the picture; and their doctors have the same myopia [near sighted, can only see what is in front of their face].

NateDEEzy,

Do you have a log somewhere? I couldn’t find it. I think it’s important to understand that finding underlying issues before starting is paramount. Treating symptoms without knowing the problem is bad business. KSman touched on it above. Do you have hypothyroidism? Testicular cancer? Pituitary tumor? How old are you? These are questions that need answers, or you’re going to be dealing with this for the rest of your life when you don’t really have to.

Anyone on this board will tell you that TRT is not an easy situation. There is a learning curve and you’re going to have a plethora of ups and downs until you find homeostasis. And even then you’re still going to have some ups and downs.

Anyway, I’m not trying to preach to you. I just want you to understand that your best case scenario is NOT having to go on TRT if you don’t have to.

Now to answer your question. TRT will significantly help with your anxiety issues. I was E2 dominant for a long time, which coupled with the exhaustion of having low T, it made me avoid many social situations. This was particularly difficult for me since I was a “social butterfly” for years before that. As it turned out, I had a prolactinoma that was wreaking hell on my body and causing all these problems. The most odd instance that I can tell you about the anxiety I felt was when I came to a four-way stop. For some reason, it stressed me out. Strange, huh? Looking people in the eyes expending A LOT of energy for me.

I’ve been on TRT for over a year now. All those issues have gone away. I plan on doing an HPTA restart as soon as I know the tumor won’t inhibit pituitary function, but TRT has definitely made a huge difference in my quality of life.

I wish you all the best.

Improved TRT has made me feel more centered and strong socially, able to respond and not avoid or defer to others. I am more able to confront, stand strong and deal with things. Less likely to put up with shit - or to call it out when I see it. This helps with social situations both with female and male. It is not like I feel more outgoing really, just more “in it”, in life, responsive, and willing to face what comes my way, with reduced anxiety or fear or shyness when faced with it.

KSman

Big fan of your stickiness. Where would you recommend getting educated on thyroid? Would love it if you did a sticky with the key concepts on that topic.

Watch for it!

Done: → Thyroid Basics Explained - Testosterone Replacement - Forums - T Nation

Thank you so much!!! Got some iodine and oral thermometer on order.