T Nation

How Good Is Flameout?

I used to have the cheap costco brand Fish Oil/Flaxseed Oil to get my Omegas…however; you have to take so many capsules to get the normal dose its easy to forget.

Ive heard good things about Flameout so I just wanted to know if its good/better than others out there? Its advertised as mainly something to ease inflammation, but is it adequate enough for fatty acid supplementation?

Thanks everyone.

Flameout is one of the best Fish Oil supps out on the market, IMO. I’ve only seen a couple other that are as good.

Only thing on the dsaging though, one full dose is a little on the low side, so I’d recommend taking two doses a day.

It’s sold out. Whether it’s good or not, I can’t say because i’ve never used it, but SOMEONE likes it.

For me, Flameout is the best thing to happen since God put titties on women. It really does help with inflammation. It works. I use a double does myself.

[quote]dogsoldier wrote:
For me, Flameout is the best thing to happen since God put titties on women. It really does help with inflammation. It works. I use a double does myself.[/quote]

Great post and I aggreee has helped general aches etc a ton]
I take a dose and half, mop up with a cheap oil for the rest.

Phill

I honestly haven’t seen anything unique or revolutionary to justify the cost over typical fish oil. The convenience of three pills isn’t worth it.

I will say most people who take it have good things to say about it.

To some it may seem expensive but from what I have seen it is the cheapest per milligram of DHA and EPA in a single supplement. Of course I have not done the calculation for all the Omega supplements on the market.

In any case I take it and use double dosages. It is good stuff. You can tell if it is a quality Omega if it does not freeze. Flameout does not freeze.

I’m a big fan of omega-3 supplements. Seems to be a growing number of studies supporting their use. Wikipedia surprisingly has a fairly good summary of some of these:

I will note, that it is important to know what the true effects of any drug or supplement may be. What you really want to know are primary outcomes (i.e. does it make you live longer, or decrease risk of something bad such as heart attack, stroke, etc.)

Recent examples to keep in mind are Avandia, a drug that certainly decreases blood glucose in diabetics, (which one would expect to decrease risk of coronary events), but recent data suggests the opposite.

Another example, probably a little less familiar would be torcetrapib, a drug designed to raise HDL (good) cholesterol… although the drug certainly did raise HDL levels, it was pulled from phase III trials due to increased coronary events.

All of that being said, I personally take fish and flax oil daily. I did research on fatty acids a number of years ago, and feel the potential benefits outweigh the risks.

Very good. Very, very good.

Wow thanks. So even if I dont have “obvious” inflammation, I should still get it. Hopefully it becomes available soon. I just invested in some ZMA (my sleep lately has been shitty…keep waking up tired even after 8 - 10 hours) and Beta 7.

[quote]dogsoldier wrote:
For me, Flameout is the best thing to happen since God put titties on women. It really does help with inflammation. It works. I use a double does myself.[/quote]

I agree. I work at a kayak shop ten hours a day ok weekends, usually barefoot or a flip flop with very poor support. If I dont take my Flameout, boy do I feel it for the next day or two. I take two with breakfast, two with lunch and two with my prebed Metabolic Drive shake.