How Good is a 600lb Deadlift?

[quote]facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Tbh when you start to move to heavier weight classes relative strength decreases. 2.5x bodyweight at 242 is harder than 2.5x at 165 like.

So fair play, that’s really strong pulling.

Except there are 165ers who pull that…which you know. But either way for anyone to pull 600lbs they are strong as shit.[/quote]

I know a 185-er who pulls 525 smooth and easy.

Hes 6 foot too, so hes pretty thin looking comparatively.

Cant wait till he gets a little older, gains some weight, and can get on some sauce.

awesome work.

DL is most structurally dependent of the powerlifts.

Won’t win you any world records but way more than vast majority of gym dwellers ever come close to doing.

Congrats

[quote]Westclock wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Tbh when you start to move to heavier weight classes relative strength decreases. 2.5x bodyweight at 242 is harder than 2.5x at 165 like.

Except there are 165ers who pull that…which you know. But either way for anyone to pull 600lbs they are strong as shit.

Hes 6 foot too, so hes pretty thin looking comparatively.

Cant wait till he gets a little older, gains some weight, and can get on some sauce.

[/quote]
As a teenager i hit 510 @ 165
as a 29year old hit 600@198
As a 40+ year old hit 523@242.

But bench went 240, 365, and 580.

Great lift man-

But the weight really only means what you give it-if you are proud you can do it…Great…now keep pushing for more! But do NOT let anyone on the internet take anything from you…You are doing awesome-keep it up

I’m just saying there is always going to be someone saying “you suck”-don’t listen and keep pushing.

Great job

[quote]brian.m wrote:
Hanley wrote:

quoted for truth, nobody cares if some guy can deadlift 2.5X bodyweight if he also weight 100lbs-i know i wouldnt give a shit[/quote]

I agree with both post its harder to lift 484lbs than it is to lift 330lbs for sure. If you lift 2.5x bodyweight than good you can lift that weight but that doesn’t mean anything if your 100lbs. Im close to three times my bodyweight now which is 495, but in truth thats small fries in strength training. I want to eventually hit at least 575 to 650lbs at some point in the future.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:

Except there are 165ers who pull that…which you know. But either way for anyone to pull 600lbs they are strong as shit.

[/quote]

My training partner’s pulled 565 and barely missed 575 at 165 as a junior. Bloody freak!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Westclock wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:

My training partner’s pulled 565 and barely missed 575 at 165 as a junior. Bloody freak!
[/quote]

STRONG
AS
FUCK

Its puts you in the elite category(just). That is the top 1% I believe.

It’s good enough for me to start a thread about working towards a 600 pound deadlift, and here it is almost a year later and I’m pissed that I still haven’t hit 600. Fuck me.

Oh yeah, nice lift.

[quote]facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Westclock wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:

STRONG
AS
FUCK
[/quote]

To say the Least. Hanley do you still train with him and if so has he improved further past 565 @ that weight.

[quote]stewart24MIKE wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
How good it is depends on how hard it was for you to get there.

Otherwise it depends who you’re comparing yourself to.

I agree, how long it took you to achieve that is a good question to ask. And heres a link for you to check out http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/DeadliftStandards.html, according to this your ELITE. So keep up the good work and don’t stop deadlifting.[/quote]

WOW according to that chart I’m elite in deadlift and squat.
funny, 'cause I consider myself stronger than lots of others in the power lifts, but not elite. especially some of you cocky strong light & middle weights who are lifting nearly as much (sometimes more) than me, DAMN I hate those guys, LOL.
@ BW of 315 ~585 squat, 650 deadlift, all raw no belt or wraps.

[quote]stewart24MIKE wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Westclock wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:

STRONG
AS
FUCK

To say the Least. Hanley do you still train with him and if so has he improved further past 565 @ that weight.
[/quote]

He’s gone from 440 @ 148 in 2006 to 565 @ 165 late last year. He’s competiting in like 4 or 5 weeks I think. Oh and he’s squatted 3.5x bodyweight in single ply gear too. Lil freak.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
stewart24MIKE wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Westclock wrote:
facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:

STRONG
AS
FUCK

He’s gone from 440 @ 148 in 2006 to 565 @ 165 late last year. He’s competiting in like 4 or 5 weeks I think. Oh and he’s squatted 3.5x bodyweight in single ply gear too. Lil freak.[/quote]

lol thats some fucking phenominal strength sickin’ing wee bastard!

Nice pull man. Just shy of 2.5x BW (i’m a nerd so I see that it’s 2.448) but that’s still some serious weight. Pulling 600 at a heavier weight (to me) is more impressive then some tiny kid pulling a few hundred.

I’m shooting to pull just shy of that at my next meet in a few week; as long as my back stays in tact.

575 @ 208lbs is my next goal. (2.76x bw!)

Keep pulling man!

I think Eric Cressey has pulled 600 at 165. That is pretty freaking amazing. I pulled 600 weighing 214 with gear at a meet in 2006. Not sure if I will pull it again, but I want to pull more. I think 600 is heavy and unless a person is SHW it is impressive.

How good it is depends on several things. If you want to compare with other lifters on the board I’ll put up my own numbers…

16 Years old @ 197lb BW.
I can pull around 520-530, haven’t maxed in a while…

i think its impressive. i am one of only a few people in my gym that deadlifts, and as far as i can tell, im the only one that deadlifts with any kind of goals of progression. in other words, the only other guy i can think of right now is about 190lbs and pulls 185-225lbs for sets of 5-6 and acts like hes moving continents.

my rambling point is that 600lbs is much more than ive seen any of the gym rats do, at any of the gyms ive belonged/been to in the past 6-7 years. even in gyms with pretty big guys.

i will personally be ecstatic when i hit 600.

now, great pull! start working on 700!

i have done 606 at 219, but i had a thin belt on. your lift is deff. respectable. i think anybody pulling around 600 or more is far beyond any average strength level. so be proud of that lift for sure!!!

600 raw is fucking quality any weight.

I know when I hit 600 I will probably ejaculate in my panties when I lock out.