How Good Can Roids Be?

Alright I’m a 16 year old power lifter on some basic stuff. sheiko 29 program, eating a lot of the right stuff, tribulus/zma’s everyday. and not taking any supplements that are not recommended for someone my age. ( myozene, xpand 2x, hydrowhey, and up your mass ) But I set high standards for myself and I watched Rob Wilkerson do something amazing. squat 1000,bench 650, overhead 450, and dead 650. I was blown away by that and I want to do reach those some day ( more dead lift, 1000 would be cool )

But someone told me, him and other powerlifters/strongmen use steroids and that it’s close to impossible to be that strong without them. I don’t want to even think about using steroids because ( A. ) I find it cheating and I want to be a steroid free lifter and stick to test/ NO boosters. and ( B. ) Needles sicken me still at 16, I know it sounds childish but everyone hates something.

So I want to know, are steroids really worth it? Do they really increase strength and performance that much that pros need to use them?

No.

No one can squat 1000 pounds naturally and if someone said they did, I’d call him a liar.

In your case I wouldn’t even think about using gear even if you do wanna reach those numbers. There are a lot of things at your age you can damage inside you. You should look into the potiential damage steroids can do to an under developed body. Even at 16 your still young, your goals may change and you may decide that what you once thought you wanted, you dont want anymore and it would be terrible thing to realize a couple years down the line after already causing irreversible damage.

In your situation the best thing to do is wait. Wait until your older and your body is done growing. Keep lifting naturally and doing everything right, diet, lifting, rest, everything and when your in your mid twenties and you still want to reach those goals then consider gear. Don’t let the people around you that are your own age tell you different and don’t let them peer pressure you into using.

Many of the pros at that level make a decision to use, and their use is a lifestyle. Many of them never come off. With that said you need to consider what’s important in life to you, having kids and a family or possibly risking the chance of never having kids and facing a life long relationship with a needle. I’m not saying its impossible to have kids or never recover, but with those goals your AAS use would be lifestyle and having kids and recovery can be an issue with long term steroid use.

And at the age of 16 your not mentally mature enough to make those decision and I don’t mean that in a insulting way. Believe me I was 16 once and I thought no one can tell me how life is because I knew it all but every year you look back and realize your that your much more mature a year later. Ill still do that to this day. So leave the thought in your mind that your goals may change and don’t take the plunge quite yet. At 16 you seem like you have a lot of your shit together when it comes to lifting, I wish when I started lifting at 16 I knew a portion to what I know now.

I’m in no way telling you how to live your life, I’m just giving you my two cents and an opinion from someone older. My goals and your goals aren’t the same but I just think it would be in your best interest to wait. I’ve been considering taking the plunge into blasting and cruising but the only thing that’s stopping me is the possibility of one day wanting kids even though right now I don’t want kids or get married, it might change one day. All I can say OP is you got a lot of thinking to do its your life but think intelligently.

Good day to you sir.

Same thing you heard in the Powerlifting forum, you got 10 YEARS before you need to think about it. BUDs told you right and Im sure he will agree with me. The older you get the more you learn but at a certain age point a light kicks on, and you realize “I dont know shit”.

What im saying is the more you learn the more you realize how little you know! By then your like really old, dude and you gotta take pills for everything like Ambien to go to sleep wich mkes you souwd lik a retrd an then youiop stariioio beiiijjj all stupppppiddder…jhgf. hewkwff.wlflwlgje

i’m telling your parents!

Do you know what is gaurenteed not to help you become a 1000lbs Squatter?.. Worrying and crying about how you think steroids are cheating and how scared you are of needles boo hoo. Do you research on nutrition spend the next couple years busting your ass powerlifting and if and when you feel you can’t go any further natural ( which is going to be a while) then if you can live with your self make the jump.

Until then your freaking out for no reason and asking questions over and over expecting or hoping for a different answer. Steroids for better or worse are apart of pretty much every sport espeacially in strength sports if you want to be a all time great unfortunately chances are your going to have to come to terms with that… if you can’t then take up chess or something.

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
Alright I’m a 16 year old power lifter on some basic stuff. sheiko 29 program, eating a lot of the right stuff, tribulus/zma’s everyday. and not taking any supplements that are not recommended for someone my age. ( myozene, xpand 2x, hydrowhey, and up your mass ) But I set high standards for myself and I watched Rob Wilkerson do something amazing. squat 1000,bench 650, overhead 450, and dead 650. I was blown away by that and I want to do reach those some day ( more dead lift, 1000 would be cool )

But someone told me, him and other powerlifters/strongmen use steroids and that it’s close to impossible to be that strong without them. I don’t want to even think about using steroids because ( A. ) I find it cheating and I want to be a steroid free lifter and stick to test/ NO boosters. and ( B. ) Needles sicken me still at 16, I know it sounds childish but everyone hates something.

So I want to know, are steroids really worth it? Do they really increase strength and performance that much that pros need to use them?[/quote]

They’ll stunt your growth, kid. (Seriously.)

Do a cycle, if you make it come back here and tell us how it was

[quote]lbraga wrote:
Do a cycle, if you make it come back here and tell us how it was[/quote]

X2

Alright Reed I’m asking a question that I was curious about and I guess you feel the need to bust on a 16 year old, whatever makes you happy it’s pretty immature though. I ask so many questions because most of the people on here are older than me and I look to get some advice or answers on stuff I wanted to know about. Thanks to everyone who gave some serious answers

I’m dead serious. Very few people know I’m on AAS but the ones that do will not shut the fuck up asking me a million questions. It’s like your younger virgin brother asking you a thousand questions about sex.

“So what’s a pussy feel like?”
“what are boobs like?”
“were you nervous?”

its the SAME shit with bros and AAS

“so you get a lot of acne?”
“did you dick shrink?”
“are you really aggressive?”

fuck outta here, quit being a pussy and find out for yourself

I get what you mean but I’m not gonna take steroids at 16, I just wanted to know how much of an influence they would have on your strength

I get what you mean but I’m not gonna take steroids at 16, I just wanted to know how much of an influence they would have on your strength[/quote]

Strength gains through the roof. I’m talking about adding PLATES to your lifts, none of that “today I benched 225x2 and next week I’m gonna try 230.” It’s more like “okay I usually max out at 225 (if you’re weak as fuck), next week i hit 275 the one after that 315.”

that is, if you eat, sleep, inject right

That sounds fuckin great lol but I’m obviously not gonna take that stuff at my age. If I get really serious and contend in some big competitions and think I can be really good then obviously I’ll have to consider it. But you know more about this stuff then I do so I got another question. I’m not asking for a full page seminar about this but if you can put it simply, what makes steroids so effective that you can have that good of a strength increase?

Dude in no way was I “busting on you” I told you the truth. There is no reason in creating the same thread over and over because you didn’t like the answers you got in the first. All I said was stop crying and worrying about steroids and learn to lift and eat. I mean I know that’s shitty advice and not a serious answer but hey it worked for me and every other Guy on this post.

nobody’s posting the same thread over and over. I asked a few simple questions like curing my sciatic pain, how to eat on training days cause it’s hard to get my calories in school cause it’s strict, how much steroids can do for you, and what type of programs are the best for getting stronger. I could be some of the people I know who don’t know what the hell incline dumbbell press is and keep asking over and over how to get a 6 pack or some shit. I’m asking legit questions that nobody in my school would know because I’m the only one who is actually into power lifting instead of going to the gym, doing some curls and crunches then going to get piss drunk at a party.

nobody’s posting the same thread over and over. I asked a few simple questions like curing my sciatic pain, how to eat on training days cause it’s hard to get my calories in school cause it’s strict, how much steroids can do for you, and what type of programs are the best for getting stronger. I could be some of the people I know who don’t know what the hell incline dumbbell press is and keep asking over and over how to get a 6 pack or some shit. I’m asking legit questions that nobody in my school would know because I’m the only one who is actually into power lifting instead of going to the gym, doing some curls and crunches then going to get piss drunk at a party.[/quote]

I’m not gonna lie, this is a tough place for a youngin to come get advice on steroids.

Don’t be so hard on the guy at least he’s not the typical kid asking “I wanna get huge and ripped while losing all my body fat what stuff should I take” he’s asking questions that most kids his age wouldn’t know, you can’t knock the guy for trying to learn. At least he came here not some of the other steroid forums that are garbage. Everybody gotta start somewhere and I applaud him for asking questions instead of what to take.

I agree this is a tough place for a young guy to come to haha, but at least he’s not like the rest.

To answer your question OP, your best bet to figure out why steroids are so effective is to do your own reading. The guys on here will answer questions but no one is gonna spoon feed you. Learning on your own I think is way more beneficial.

[quote]lbraga wrote:
I’m dead serious. Very few people know I’m on AAS but the ones that do will not shut the fuck up asking me a million questions. It’s like your younger virgin brother asking you a thousand questions about sex.

“what are boobs like?”

[/quote]

…boobs feel like a bag of sand.

Lift naturally like you were turning yourself into Batman for the next five to six years.

If you still feel like you want to try the “cheat” at least your body will be better prepared. Ligaments and tendons need to be strengthened because at your age they are not fully prepared to bare the weight a “cheat” will allow you to lift.

Read all the bad things that can go wrong when you take anabolic steroids. Losing hair, libido and your ding-ding becomes as small as a quarter. But some girls like that.

http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2009/06/richard-sandrak-worlds-strongest-boy.html