How Fats Are You

I was in the middle of my morning snack when I thought to myself… where do I get my fats each day.

I really credit a lot of my nutritional prowess (over most fellow Americans) to by my focus on good fats.

So without further BS, I’d like to compare notes on where you specifically target getting in your fats on a daily basis. It doesn’t have to be meal by meal, just your overall daily “targeted” fat intake.

4 Flame-Out
2-4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
Handful (~1/4c) Almonds
Handful (~1/4c) Walnuts
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Udo’s Oil
Handful (~1/4c) Pistachios

I’d really like to get in some Pumpkin Seeds but they are probably one of the worst tasting things ever. I have to try some flavored ones.

Occassionaly I’ll get some Sunflower Seeds in while I am covering some sports for my internship.

I’d like to increase my Egg Intake, its just hard to keep so many around. I consider an Egg Meal no less than 6 eggs. So that’s just a bitch on a college campus. I’ll usually get eggs in atleast once a week. Rest of my saturateds come from Grass Fed Beef

Varies from time to time, But my typical daily fat intake will be:

6-8 fish oil capsules.
1-3 Tbsp EVOO.
1-2 servings walnuts.
1-3 Tbsp Natty PB
1-2 Omega-3 Eggs.
A serving or so of almonds if I don’t have the PB. The rest I suppose would come in the form of pretty lean meats.

18 Yrs. M. 174. 12-15% BF

Daily I get:
4 Flame-Out
2-3 tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Fat from 97% lean beef (about 1lb broken up into 4 quater pound patties)
About 2 handfulls of peanuts

Occasionally I get:
Eggs (about 4 eggs, twice a week)
Natural Peanutbutter (only about 2-4 tbsp in a week)
Cheese (maybe about 2-4 slices a week)
Chicken with the skin
1% Milk (not much there)

It varies, but a usual day would be:

6 eggs,
500 grams grass fed beef,
olive oil,
2 handfulls of cashews,
10 fish oil capsules

There would be more in there from a variety of other meats, but most of it is pretty lean.

6 1000mg fish oil caps
1/2 cup of almonds
1/2 cup of cashew
2-3 eggs
500 ml of 2% milk
1-2 table spoon of olive oil

1-3 Tbsp. Flax Seed
6-8 Fish Oil Caps
2-4 Tbsp. Natty PB
1-2 Oz. Walnut/Almond Mix
Beef about 2x a week

Seems like everyone is atleast on the PB and Almond or Walnut bus.

Hardest thing for me are the Walnuts. I think they taste next to horrid. Might see if I could go for the butter and mix it in with liberal amounts of NPB

Does a walnut whip count? (kidding)

I generally have a couple of eggs at breakfast, a few fish oil caps morning and night and occasionally snack on mixed nuts. Other than than I get the rest from meat in my diet and drizel olive oil on veggies or salad.

Cheers

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Seems like everyone is atleast on the PB and Almond or Walnut bus.

Hardest thing for me are the Walnuts. I think they taste next to horrid. Might see if I could go for the butter and mix it in with liberal amounts of NPB[/quote]

i came up with a good solution for snacks. Dried fruit (Apricots, sultanas etc) mixed with nuts. Masks the horrid walnut taste. Or blitz them in a mixer and add to your porridge or whatever. Just a suggestion.

I just started the anabolic diet, so can I go with “everything that goes in my mouth?”

[quote]supermick wrote:
i came up with a good solution for snacks. Dried fruit (Apricots, sultanas etc) mixed with nuts. Masks the horrid walnut taste. Or blitz them in a mixer and add to your porridge or whatever. Just a suggestion.[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaa… walnuts are GREAT tasting! I only like walnuts and peanuts to some extent!

I try to get some flax (ground) and fish oils in every day. When I cook I use extra virgin olive oil. Other than that, sometimes I use Olivo spread on toast, waffles or pancakes.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
I’d really like to get in some Pumpkin Seeds but they are probably one of the worst tasting things ever. I have to try some flavored ones.[/quote]

Try toasting them in the toaster oven with a little chili powder. Spray a pan with some olive oil, spread out a bunch of pumpkin seeds, top with some seasoning, and cook until crispy. I add them to salads or eat them plain. Makes a huge difference in the taste.

Main sources of good fats (daily):

4 1000 mg Fish Oil Caps
3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
2 handfulls of walnuts
3 eggs
2 tablespoons of natural peanutbutter
2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
1 can of mackerel
1 can of salmon (or tuna - not much there)

Eating gobs and gobs of saturated fat is the best way to go for optimal health.

Joking people! :slight_smile:

A bunch of peanut butter and whole milk.

Olive oil is my favorite source.

BTW-Tri, who’s the chick in your avatar?

Mmmmm… chickin and olive oil…

Walnuts rule!!! NUTS AND MEAT ALL THE WAY WEEEEE

[quote]Ren wrote:
I just started the anabolic diet, so can I go with “everything that goes in my mouth?”[/quote]

Same here…

Meat,Cheese,heavy whipping cream,olive oil,flax meal all the good stuff.