How Fast Do You Drink Your Shakes?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]believer423 wrote:
I agree with the posts which say to chew them. Paul Chek says we should drink our solids and chew our liquids. By doing this, it gives the digestion process a head start and will help you assimilate the nutrients more efficiently.
However, if that’s you in your avatar, I think whatever you’re doing is working…[/quote]

Paul Chek also saves his own feces.

/discussion.[/quote]

ROFL…WHAT?

Where do I read or watch this?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

I agree with the posts which say to chew them. Paul Chek says we should drink our solids and chew our liquids. By doing this, it gives the digestion process a head start and will help you assimilate the nutrients more efficiently.
However, if that’s you in your avatar, I think whatever you’re doing is working…[/quote]

/discussion.[/quote]

I didn’t know that! He IS an odd one.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

/discussion.[/quote]

QFT.

I slam all my shakes and i’m pretty positive if I chewed my shakes, however the fuck you do that, I’d be the same size I am now. Over analyzing ftw.

Saliva doesn’t play a role in digesting protein. Slow drinking/chewing might only make a difference if your shake has lots of carbs.

OP says his shake has 1400 calories. Probably at least 200 grams of carbs. He might slow down. My shakes have zero carbs, I drink them fast.

I drink mine fast (over sink). But they’re <500 cals.

Yeah I mean I think if you were to drink anything that is 4 cups really quickly you will definitely “feel it” in your stomach. I’ll slow it down a bit from now on. Plus I remember that article, “You Are What You Absorb” saying to chew the shakes.

[quote]Mar73 wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

/discussion.[/quote]

QFT.

I slam all my shakes and i’m pretty positive if I chewed my shakes, however the fuck you do that, I’d be the same size I am now. Over analyzing ftw.[/quote]

based on your avi maybe you should do a little more analyzing.

[quote]Ritter wrote:

[quote]Mar73 wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

/discussion.[/quote]

QFT.

I slam all my shakes and i’m pretty positive if I chewed my shakes, however the fuck you do that, I’d be the same size I am now. Over analyzing ftw.[/quote]

based on your avi maybe you should do a little more analyzing.[/quote]

OUCH!!!

lol u dumb mutherfucker

im guilty of just slamming my shakes as quick as possible regardless of how they taste or calories…but i guess i could give this “chewing liquid” a try, the points made make sense, so wtf ill give it a go…

I slam my post WO shakes. The reason I take them at all is for convenience, and if I wanted to chew something, I would chew meat. The shake is 40-50g of WPI, and I never get diarrhea or protein farts.

That being said, a 1400 calorie shake might be worth consuming more slowlier