How Far Can Chucky Go?

I get so tired of hearing people say that offense wins games and defense wins championships. The damn team wins the game. The game can be won by special teams, offense, or defense. Sometimes the offense can outscore the opponent with little help from the defense. Sometimes the defense does it all by themselves. Sometimes special teams is the difference. Its the TEAM that wins the game. The best TEAM wins. Not the best defense.

thank you, you made my point for me. all of the teams that you mentioned had good or great offenses especially the niners and cowboys. your statement that “defense wins championships” holds no water. the fact is that those teams had good defenses and offenses in which case i say that a balance between offense and defense wins championships. the only team to win the bowl with defense alone is the ravens, even tampas o produced this year. only 9 times has the team with the #1 defense in the league even participated in the bowl, thats less than 1/4 of the time. so no, defense does not win championships. if it did tampa would have won the last 5 straight. how could you say that the niners won their 5 bowls with defense? they had one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the game and a good defense. the statement that “defense wins championships” is an over generalization, that implies that all you have to do is have a good d and you win. thats simply not the case.

im with p-dog on this one. fitone, your argument makes no sense, the niners? obviuosly a balanced team wins championships.

I agree with Demo here…

I think that we would ALL agree that it’s damn hard to repeat as Champions in the NFL today…even when you have a “system” in place like the 49’s (remember how everyone used to tout the 49’er “system” because it was one in which you could “plug-in” any athelete and win? That has been found to be a pipe dream for the most part. They even began to say it this year with the Eagles, as they continued to win despite losing key players…)

Anyway…back to Demo’s statemement…the next 2-3 years will let us know how GREAT Gruden is…we already know he’s good…DAMN good…

Mufasa

What’s up with the Tampa Fans and the more “wussy” looking Chucky Dolls? They have him dressed up in little multi-colored jumpers and Overalls…Geeeze!

The “Raider Nation” must be going CRAZY!!!

Mufasa