How Far Ahead Do You Plan?

Just wondering through boredom, oh and planning gym shit, how far ahead do you guys plan routines, nutrition, goals etc??

Do you plan to bulk for winter and cut for summer, how many people actually do that??

In the past, I never really planned much at all - and I had the physique to show for it.
Planning a week of food in advance has helped that dramatically. As far as training, I’ll plan that out 4-8 weeks, but make assessments and needed changes along the way.

I think it depends on how far you’ve progressed. I have a long way to go, so planning ahead really helps me, but I know some much more advanced guys who plan minimally because so much of what I still have to plan is second nature to them.

So u reckon as good get more advanced, instinct comes into play cos their just fine-tuning their physique rather than developing it, hmm, well all i know is im bulking, and doing ABBH I, eating big, sleeping more than usual and training like a mother fucker, yeah buddy

I plan hard bulks in summer and winter, since as a student I can make tremendous gains during these times. I don’t really plan food, though I usually eat the same times everyday anyways-eggs, milk, oatmeal, chicken, beef, rice, potatoes ext-

For training though I do usually have a workout plan I follow I like to change it up every month.

I plan out my routines for 4-6 weeks at a time and stick with them if I like them.

I have goals short and long term and when I meet one I usually set another.

I plan out my meals when bulking by the week, when dieting by however long my diet is.

I love it and it has consumed my life! I don’t mind tho, I like planning and thinking about this stuff. lol

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I plan out my routines for 4-6 weeks at a time and stick with them if I like them.

I plan out my meals when bulking by the week, when dieting by however long my diet is.

I love it and it has consumed my life! I don’t mind tho, I like planning and thinking about this stuff. lol

Gerdy[/quote]

Not to hijack thsi thread but ims curious gerdy, what does your routine look like as of now?

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Gerdy

Not to hijack thsi thread but ims curious gerdy, what does your routine look like as of now?
[/quote]

we talking training or eating? lol

I just finished a show on saturday where I didn’t really diet for, I just cleaned up my diet and altered my training to lean out a little. I didn’t want to lose much size because the show I really care about is in December.

A lot of times there are the same judges and I wanted to get my face out there and then show improvements come december. I already made quite a splash because I’m only 20 and apparently have good “development” for my age. I think my only bodybuilding disadvantage as far as genetics go is my height. I’m a bit tall. Other than that I stay lean and put muscle on very easy.

Right now I’m in a “bulk” I guess you could say. I’m shooting for 4500 cals give or take a few hundred and 250-300g protein. Carbs and Fats take care of themselves, I just make sure I get enough. Same with protein I guess.

I’m lifting heavy too.

Some examples of foods I eat constantly is: oats, steak, tilapia, chicken, sweet potatoe, russet potatoe, grits on occasion, salad, bell peppers, brown rice, hamburger, spaghetti, eggs.

I cook with olive oil and right now consume a few tbl spoons a day for the added cals.

I’m a fan of dairy but cut it out 7-10 days before a show and notice a slight difference in being bloated. Dairy causes me to retain a little water.

I’m a fan of cottage cheese and casein at night and on occasion in the morning. Sometimes mixed with applesauce and/or pineapple. With the applesauce I add some cinnamon.

I use a lot of supplements lol but I’m a big fan of a complex protein supp, fish oil, creatine, beta alanine, BCAA (a lot!), multivitamin, carnitine, and I’m probably missing a lot lol. I also use random pre-workout supps just for that extra kick.

Ummm I think I kinda gave a brief overview. lol

So not ot hijack the thread if you have any further questions just shoot me a pm.

Gerdy

I never plan when to do something,at the other time do another thing. when you want to eat,you eat;when you want to sleep,you can sleep.you must sleep well,eat well,then you will be health .

About lose weight or bodybuilding,I suggest that keep in a Scientific method.you can choose jetski,swimming or skating and so on.walk as possible as you can ,never depend on other tools.

http://company-catalog.info/Zone/Topic/jet%20ski

[quote]RobRayner wrote:
Just wondering through boredom, oh and planning gym shit, how far ahead do you guys plan routines, nutrition, goals etc??

Do you plan to bulk for winter and cut for summer, how many people actually do that??[/quote]

I never plan when to do something,at the other time do another thing.

when you want to eat,you eat;when you want to sleep,you can sleep.you must sleep well,eat well,then you will be health .about lose weight or bodybuilding,I suggest that keep in a Scientific method.you can choose jetski,swimming or skating and so on.walk as possible as you can ,never depend on other tools.

http://company-catalog.info/Zone/Topic/jet%20ski

Depends on your goals…if you have contest or competition coming up, then you plan for that goal. I.E. - my friend, powerlifter, training for nationals. He has his plan ready for the year. He was doing some Sheiko over the winter, and he started again in the summer. (I don’t follow powerlifing that much; I just pick up on what he is doing when I run into him). He had a meet in April, so at xmas he planned when we was gonna start cuttin and using Keto to drop a weight class…

If you are an average goal just trying to be healthy and look good, then don’t worry about it that much. Like others mentioned. Plan your diet weekly, have your 6-10 week program, and during that time start to “brainstorm” on what you would like to do next. It is dumb to plan a year in advance, when you don’t know how your body will respond to something. If you plan to do 3 cycles of GVT and you have been getting no results, it is dumb to continue with that plan. You need to be able to reassess your physique and do what you need to do…this is esp important when planning cutting because you can’t plan to cut that far in advance unless you are extremely dedicated to a specific goal on a specific date (like a contest)…