How Exactly Does a Diuretic Work?

I understand WHAT it does,I just dont know HOW it does it.Does it turn the water into solid and passed that way,or does it cause the water to be distributed more equally thru the body,or? Thanks.

it makes you urinate the water out of your body

That would seem the obvious answer,but since taking it i have been drinking huge amounts of water,yet little urination.I thought it odd.

[quote]gaining wrote:
That would seem the obvious answer,but since taking it i have been drinking huge amounts of water,yet little urination.I thought it odd.[/quote]

Hmmm. Well, I wouldn’t get too far away from the bathroom if I was you. . .

“Hey look everybody, Billy peed his pants.”

“Peeing your pants is teh coolest!”

there are many ways to increase water excretion, check out wikipedia:

some pro bodybuilders will use one or more different ones during a contest. this is probably more dangerous than even peptide drugs like insulin.

there are supplements out there are specifically for getting into prime condition, whether contest or modelling. SAN has one called shredded.

For those of you who answered like normal guys,thanks.For the other two fucking 'tards,you need to go back to Romper Room or BB.com Fucking morons.

[quote]gaining wrote:
For those of you who answered like normal guys,thanks.For the other two fucking 'tards,you need to go back to Romper Room or BB.com Fucking morons.[/quote]

For someone who isn’t urinating, you really are pissy.

[quote]SBT wrote:
gaining wrote:
For those of you who answered like normal guys,thanks.For the other two fucking 'tards,you need to go back to Romper Room or BB.com Fucking morons.

For someone who isn’t urinating, you really are pissy.[/quote]

Looks like the South Dakota educational system has spawned another winner…

This very well may be one of the best fights I’ve seen on T-forums. It deserves its own topic thread.

Depends of the diuretic but most act on the nephron, which is the functional unit of the kidney. Loop diuretics such as Furosemide or Hydrochlorothiazide block the Na/K/2Cl channel in the ascending loop of henle. Usually, these ions are actively transported out (reabsorbed) of the unrine as it makes its way through the tubule and water follows the flow of ions.

Block the channel and water stays in the tubules and dumps into your bladder. Patients tend to lose K+ however on these diuretics so we also have potassium sparing diuretics such as Spironolactone and Triamterene. These act on a Na/K exchanger downstream on the distal tubule.

Same principle but this time, K+ is blocked from being pumped into the tubule and hence the name “sparing”. That’s the basics, All the meds I mentioned have subtle differences so let me know if you need more detail.

[quote]JSopko wrote:
This very well may be one of the best fights I’ve seen on T-forums. It deserves its own topic thread.[/quote]

And to think I was nice and didn’t bust him on the pooping ice cubes part. . .

“Does it turn the water into solid and passed that way”

Anyway, I guess some people just never lighten up. No harm meant, gaining.