T Nation

How Effeminate We Have All Become

a bakery cake defining whether you are hate filled, intolerant or a bully.

a political party defined by an American news channel’s 24/7 coverage of a highway bridge with one lane open. coverage equal to September 11, 2001.

man’s taste for God defined in secular positioning by marx, freud and darwin’s ranking of man in the animal kingdom.

how emotional and ignorant i was to imagine if i had selected a “qualified” mentor on youtube i could alter an argument.

…a mistake in the latter was picking a person who if he were timothy geitner or charles rangel his irs woes would not have muted his simple fight.

P.S.

it’s rhetorical. no need for an “overfiend” or racist label.

When all you have is a hammer, you begin to see every problem as a nail. Feminine and masculine values aren’t diametrically opposed. Indeed, they are both complementary and necessary for addressing the complex problems of the 21st century.

[quote]Bismark wrote:
When all you have is a hammer, you begin to see every problem as a nail. Feminine and masculine values aren’t diametrically opposed. Indeed, they are both complementary and necessary for addressing the complex problems of the 21st century.[/quote]

I disagree. We live in a world where we actively promote those who need help over those who deserve it. Hell, to even say there’s a difference could get you in trouble these days. We need a good hard dose of masculinity, and the longer we put it off, the heavier of a dose we’ll need to get back on track.

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:
When all you have is a hammer, you begin to see every problem as a nail. Feminine and masculine values aren’t diametrically opposed. Indeed, they are both complementary and necessary for addressing the complex problems of the 21st century.[/quote]

I disagree. We live in a world where we actively promote those who need help over those who deserve it. Hell, to even say there’s a difference could get you in trouble these days. We need a good hard dose of masculinity, and the longer we put it off, the heavier of a dose we’ll need to get back on track.[/quote]

When I write of feminism and masculinity, I mean it in the broad, socially constructed and philosophical sense. None of this “men are from Mars and women are from Venus” crap. Both approaches offer unique and effective contributions towards society. The myopic view you’re presenting is a false dichotomy. It wouldn’t be outrageous to say that the 20th century, the most violent period in human history, was underpinned almost exclusively by masculine conceptions of the pursuit of power and the desire to establish dominion over others. The proliferation of feminist values in the philosophical sense offers the potential to incorporate much needed sensibility and flexibility to existing structures of power and authority that are based upon masculine values. This isn’t to say that I’m advocating for the pussification of society or the neutering of males. To the contrary. Strength without prudence or empathy makes one little more than a brute.

[quote]Bismark wrote:

mine is a golden hammer and it is only resting.

and no matter the complexity of the problems as always they are only human. it’s simple we just need more that will use their hammers.

[quote]Bismark wrote:
So the real problem is the size of one’s hammer.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:
So the real problem is the size of one’s hammer. [/quote]

have had no complaints in that department.

…and your wee little nail will continue to be pummeled whenever you visit my threads.

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:
So the real problem is the size of one’s hammer. [/quote]

have had no complaints in that department.

…and your wee little nail will continue to be pummeled whenever you visit my threads.[/quote]

I’ll have you know I can drive some nails :slight_smile: