T Nation

How Effective Is My Program?

Hey guys.
I am new here on this site. i am impressed with this site. Especially the articles and the open minded writers and members.
Anyway i have a question:
I train three days and rest four.
How effective is this program?
And what pros think about those 4 resting days a week?
Is it bad

What kind of exercises are you using? (Should aim for 80% compound, 20% isolation.)

That and rep/set configuration are the most important parts of a program.

Rest as often as you feel you need to, there’s no need to make up a schedule based around arbitrary dates (days of the week) and let it contravene your recovery process.

Usually working a muscle once a week is the standard but you may require more or less depending on your current nutrition/sleep and genetics.

thanks mate.

How the hell would we know if it was effective? Is it working? Are you achieving your goals?

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
How the hell would we know if it was effective? Is it working? Are you achieving your goals?[/quote]

it is working but i am worried about the 4 rest period and 3 consecutive days…
what do u think about this?

[quote]grande5 wrote:
PozzSka wrote:
How the hell would we know if it was effective? Is it working? Are you achieving your goals?

it is working but i am worried about the 4 rest period and 3 consecutive days…
what do u think about this?[/quote]

u need to be much more specific about your workout and diet if you want us to be of any help to you.

what exercises, sets, reps do you do.
what is your diet like?

mate my question was simple :
I am not asking to critique my diet or workout i am just asking about the 4 days rest period . is it bad or not.
I workout 3 consecutive days and rest 4 consecutive.

You can’t just make a stupid, general question like that and expect some kind of cut and dry answer…this isn’t math. Everyones body reacts differently to different types of training.

You asking us if your program is bad? --Does it work for you? What are your goals?

It’s obvious you haven’t looked at any of the articles and have little training experience in general.

How old are you? 15

Try reading a bit

Mate

[quote]wicked08 wrote:
You can’t just make a stupid, general question like that and expect some kind of cut and dry answer…this isn’t math. Everyones body reacts differently to different types of training.

You asking us if your program is bad? --Does it work for you? What are your goals?

It’s obvious you haven’t looked at any of the articles and have little training experience in general.

How old are you? 15

Try reading a bit

Mate

[/quote]

The answer to your question depends on many factors. It’s not as simple as ‘is this good or bad?’

I train 5 days a week. Is that good or bad? Can you tell me?

[quote]wicked08 wrote:
You can’t just make a stupid, general question like that and expect some kind of cut and dry answer…this isn’t math. Everyones body reacts differently to different types of training.

You asking us if your program is bad? --Does it work for you? What are your goals?

It’s obvious you haven’t looked at any of the articles and have little training experience in general.

How old are you? 15

Try reading a bit

Mate

[/quote]

Mate just be respectful here.
I am trying to know the effet of training distribution on the muscle…
You should be ashamed of yourself.
My biceps is bigger that your chest…

You can make gains on 3 days per week…'tard.

Thanks Digity. i wish all members are as good as you.
Best regards from australia

[quote]grande5 wrote:

Anyway i have a question:
I train three days and rest four.
How effective is this program?
[/quote]

simple.
if you are achieving your goals, then this program is effective and works for you.

if you are NOT achieving your goals, then this program isn’t effective and doesn’t work for you.

[quote]Digity wrote:
You can make gains on 3 days per week…'tard.

[/quote]

I agree 3 days can be enough, but personally I wouldn’t take the 4 off days consecutively.

To the OP, it’s the screwball way you asked this question that got you jumped on. It’s like asking “do my shoes fit?”

I wonder if he is holding a shoe while typing this.

[quote]grande5 wrote:
mate my question was simple :
I am not asking to critique my diet or workout i am just asking about the 4 days rest period . is it bad or not.
I workout 3 consecutive days and rest 4 consecutive.
[/quote]

If you are referring to working out 3 consecutive days and then resting 4 it can work. As every other day works, and working out 4 consecutive days and resting 3. It all depends on the distribution of the workload and the intensity of the sessions.

Earlier in my training I used to workout 4 consecutive days, to have friday, saturday and sunday to go to the beach. Was it optimal? Yes since I got to do what I wanted (watch babes in thongs, get a tan and go dancing).

Bottom line is that there are many variables that no one can answer for you. Do you work, do you have to study? At what time do you go to sleep? What you eat in the mornings and througout the day? How is your training program organized? These things have much more impact on your program than the actual stimulus of it.

Take a look at the programs of weightlifters or powerlifters who work out almost every day and make progress. Some others work out only 2 times per week and make progress.

[quote]grande5 wrote:

Mate just be respectful here.
I am trying to know the effet of training distribution on the muscle…
You should be ashamed of yourself.
My biceps is bigger that your chest…
[/quote]

Grow up. You’re not gonna get much help on here trying to talk to people like that when you obviously have no clue what you are doing. You asked if your program was effective at first. A program entails everything: exercises, reps, sets, rest, diet, sleep. All of it.

Then you bitch at people when they say the answer isn’t as simple as that. Is it the most optimal way of training? Most likely not. Can you get gains on it? Most likely you can.